Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im going tomorrow Caz (saturday the 4th) I'll let you know when I get back. But lets hope the dreaded Caprice will be ill so she doesnt ruin my first Rent experience
    Libby

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Yeah I saw it just before Christmas.
    It's my favourite show and have seen alot of casts all over the world and I'm afraid the current London cast isn't the best I've seen.

Caprice is a bit of a joke. Maureen is supposed to have strong vocals, which just doesn't happen with her. She changes the character into a bit of a bimbo instead of a talented performance artist. Mimes a song as well which is shocking seeing as there are plenty of out of work performers out there who don't have to mime.
    It's a shame that they are selling the show on a 'star name' instead of the credibility of the show itself.

However, Maureen isn't the biggest part and the rest of the cast are certainly very talented indeed.
    Damien Flood who plays Roger is amazing as are both Mimi's (Krysten was the first Mimi I saw in the Shaftesbury - her and Debbie are tied as my fav's) are soooooo good.
    Mykal Rand will probably get the whole audience in tears at some point (I'll Cover You Reprise) One good Collins.
    Wendy Mae Brown as Joanne, wow what a voice. She's Soloist 1 as well, hits that note perfectly.
    Personally I wasn't so keen on the current Angel (can't remember his name), but other people seem to love him, down to taste I guess. Manages heels well though.
    The ensemble are great too, especially Tom Kavanan as Squeegie Man and Waiter, look out for him as the waiter, he's hilarious. Jason is a good Benny too.

All in all, this production is not bad, different from the original, which is a shame, but Mykal has done a good job with the choreography. The end still gets me though, i don't like it, never have done.

Ruth x