Thread: Aida official news

KelliM

Arrow

www.stageholding.de just announced 6th Feb -Aida will be opening at the Colosseum in Essen in 2003 Oct - rehearsals start in August. No news on casting yet, but it did say to check out www.aida-das-musical.de in April for news and advanced booking. The link doesn't work yet, it just takes you back to stageholding.

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ February 08, 2003 09:36 PM: Message edited by: KelliM ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay guys! Keep your fingers crossed!
    Hope John'll be there! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He'd make a great Radames, or howeva u bloody spell it [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Erm...tell me something about AIDA!
    To be honest, I have no idea, what it's about!
    My grany told me about the opera!
    Is itthe same?
    Who's this guy you're talking about, Cable?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ach :-s i'll do my best, but im going from the soundtrack and seeing a pretty recording of it once...anyone else could tell u a lot better i bet, so please correct me if i get anything wrong:

Aidas first set in a museum where a man and a woman catch each others eye..then a female pharaoh, Amneris, comes back to life and take us back to ancient Egypt. Radames is a captain of the Egyptian army coming back from fighting their enemy Nubia, and has captured a group of Nubian women, among them is Aida, who he finds himself attracted to, and so saves her from death by sending her to Princess Amneris, who hes betrothed to, to be a handmaiden. The Princesses fathers dying, and after marrying her, Radames would become next ruler of Egypt, but hes not happy about having to give up exploring
    Then a Nubian servent recognises Aida as the Nubian princess, but she tells him to keep quiet about it to protect herself, and so she can free her people. her and Radames get closer, and fall in love, and she asks him to help her to be free, but then her father gets captured.
    So then Aida tells Radames to marry the princess, so that during the wedding the slaves can escape. During the wedding though the news about their plan is mad known and although many escape, Aida and Radames get caught and arrested for treason. They get sentenced to death by being burried alive, but the princess convinces her father to let them be buried together.
    Then we get transported back to teh museum where the man and woman are the reincarnations of Aida and Radames, back together again.

thats about it i think :-s feel free to correct me muchly anyone

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah Caz you're right.

I like the soundtrack of it, not too keen on the staging though. Pyramid made out of lights in a triangle..ick. That's the set.

John as Radames...I would have thought that if he is in it he will play this part. It's the best part, has some lovely songs.

Ruth x

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That sounds cool!
    It's romantic...luv it!
    Wanna see it!
    But next will be the premiere of Jekyll and Hyde!
    *bounces*

*hugz*
    Bombi

KelliM

Well, fingers crossed John gets the part of Radames, but I think he has some stiff competition for the part in Germany because I read somewhere that Uwe Kr?ger was very interested in playing Radames - and Uwe Kr?ger is pretty popular in Germany from what I've heard......but I really hope John gets it after all of his callbacks for Aida in London - I do think he's very right for the part (in some ways -like his voice). But, let's not forget, he could still do Les Mis in Berlin - or no musical at all!

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ February 12, 2003 01:17 PM: Message edited by: KelliM ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Uwe Kr?ger...*sighs*
    I don't like that guy! Don't ask me why...
    and if he gets the part...*trys to look reeeaaaaly angry*
    I'll have a big discussion with afriend of mine, who loves him!
    I know...I'm writing too much!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hm, I think Uwe Kr?ger is a little old for that part, and he looks weird, and, I don't like him. On th eother hand I didn't like Benjamin Ragaas too much either (but for other reasons) and he did a great job, so... dunno