Thread: I'm back, with brilliant news...at least for me!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JOHNNY'S COMMING TO D?SSELDORF!!!!!!!!!!
    The Tugger's back! *lol*

Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well. good to know what he's doing.

*grummel* why can't he do a GOOD show ::hides::

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*evil look in Anna's direction*

Although I'd prefer him in RENT aswell!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hehe. sorry. That old Andrew Lloyd-Weber issue...

KelliM

Hm, well, he really should be branching out of that role. Did I hear he said he's doing it only for 3 months ? We'll see...

I've just returned from New York City where I had the chance to see Aida. It's flashy & a bit silly & not a musical that I care for - reminded me somehow of Notre Dame. The part of Radames is a good one for John IMO - why didn't he get it in Germany I wonder? He was very interested in the part when he was in London. He'd be perfect for it and considering the people who have played Radames (2 previous Rogers: Pascal, Will Chase - whom I saw), it's an obvious role for those who have played Roger. John has the voice for the part & the acting capability - although it does require showing some attraction to a Nubian princess. But, he was able to pull it off *some-what* with Mimi in Rent. Guess that's why they call it *acting*.

And omg! what have they done to Rent on Broadway?? Way too much over acting (DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA!!) and way too much improvisations - esp the over abundant amount of improvisations really ruined the show! Read on a RENT board that Scary Spice will be joining the cast soon - I imagine as Mimi?? God!!!
    Saw POTO (still say John would make an excellent Phantom) & Chicago - blah! I much more prefer the other Fosse fav- Cabaret!!!! John as Emcee all the way!!

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ March 14, 2004 09:20 PM: Message edited by: KelliM ]</font>

KelliM

Here's a photo of Will Chase as Radames in Aida this past weekend. I can definitely see John in this part with this *kinda* *sort-of* Roger hair-do/scruffy beard look. The hair-do so works for John. You should have seen the chest on this guy - the costumes that Radames wears allows for plenty of opportunities to peek at the chest. Many of the shirts are semi-opened. This would be such a damn good part for John - he really needs to consider going for it. Maybe after he does his contract in Dusseldorf w/Cats, he'll consider Aida - isn't it playing somewhere near Dusseldorf? Near Oberhausen?? Who is Radames now? Uwe Kroger? Oh and yeah - for the old-timers - that is Mickey D. in the background from "The Monkees" - played Radames' father.

aida

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To be honest... after listening to a few Kunze and Levay Musicals I realised that I'm not too fond of Webbers musicals either! Cats is cool, but neither the lyrics nor the costumes, nor the dancing is his idea! K. and L. are much better, not to mention Jonathan Larsson! (I got the RENT book for X-mas -after wanting it for three years- and I love it! Didn't read a lot till now.. [img]frown.gif[/img] )

*hugz*
    Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

cant see [img]frown.gif[/img]

he'd make a brilliant radames, make a mockery of pascal again, mwahahahaha

i luv aida, if you look past all the cack staging, script and props it's really good, sumone shud tell john about the opportuntity to get his chest out, i bet he'd be in aida the week after

which one was mickey?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And omg! what have they done to Rent on Broadway?? Way too much over acting (DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA!!) and way too much improvisations - esp the over abundant amount of improvisations really ruined the show! Read on a RENT board that Scary Spice will be joining the cast soon - I imagine as Mimi?? God!!!

<font color="#990009"><font size="1">[ March 14, 2004 09:20 PM: Message edited by: KelliM ]</font></font>[/QB]
    <font size="3.5" face="Verdana Italics">uhm, yeah. I expect you saw Matt as Mark? He's said to've gotten somewhat over the top lately. Jeremy is second in the run for the title of domestic-violence-Roger. And Maggie Benjamin as Maureen, is, uh, well, she has a very very very awesome voice, but her acting is a matter of taste.

Yeah, Scary Spice is said to be Mimi, but I also heard that they're ex-manager offered them an aweful lot of money to get back together ::shrug:: I hope she's gone by the time I get to NYC. On the other hand, there was as much drama when Joey Fatone got cast, and he turned out to be somewhat alright.

What sort of improvisations did they do? ::curious::