Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was there last night for the final show which was just spectacular. Every member of the cast was brilliant and seemed to really enjoy themselves. The audience was so up for it and the applause after each scene or song was rapturous. John got loads of loud cheers and a bunch flowers thrown onto the stage at the end.
    I saw John briefly at the Stage Door and he promised to let us know when he knows what he is doing next. I saw the show 6 times in total and made quite a few new friends with whom I have exchanged e-mail addresses so it has been a great two and a half months for me in a number of ways. This show really made peole feel happy and uplifted and it was such a pleasure to hear people, young and old, really laugh out loud. To quote from the show, it takes you to a place away from the misery of the real world (not that I actually feel that way about life but I think you will understand what I mean). This is a sad loss for the West End but I am sure that it will have left its mark, for the better, on people who saw it and we can only hope that the West End and the theatregoing public will wake up to shows like Drowsy. I feel sure that a better publicity campaign would also have made the difference but this is not the forum for me to vent that particualar spleen.
    Thank you John for the joy you have given over the last few months and for the time you have given me. It is very much appreciated - until the next time.

Debra x

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Debra,

I couldn't agree more with your sentiments. I only saw the show twice but I knew after I'd seen it the first time I had to go back and see it again. It will be missed.

Susan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also agree with you Debra, I wish so much that I could have seen the show more then twice and it will always hold a special place in my heart. A huge thank you to the entire cast for creating a fantastic show. Also, as Debra said (you took the words right out of my mouth) thank you John for the time you spent with me.
    All my love
    Evie
    x x x