Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 12 June

KelliM

And to add, I just feel that the person doing the photo shoot could have done a better job with John's photo and should have encouraged a different look. Compared to the other photos that I have seen from this calendar, I'm surprised the photographer felt that this one fit in with the others. I see a big difference in the tone of John's photo compared to the others. I haven't seen the whole calendar, so correct me if I'm wrong, but John's photo is not as tastefully done as the others I've seen because I just don't envision Tugger in high heels and makeup when he's naked. It doesn't fit Tugger's personality. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is just my opinion. I wonder what John thinks of the photo. I imagine he had a big input into which photo would be selected for the calendar, so if that's true, he must like it. Sorry, I don't mean to sound as if I'm bashing the photo, but if it were me, I would have done it a little bit differently.

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ June 01, 2003 12:55 PM: Message edited by: KelliM ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Argument?? oh I didn't look at this as an argument? I don't have anything to argue about. When Kelli said, he thought the photographer should have altered his pose, I only tried to tell what I know about that interview, and why I thought I was sure, John was keen on posing just this way, and I also just wanted to say, why I thought, it was really his idea. Thats all. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And Kelli, you must know that I'm very keen on John, and when I say he appears a bit arrogant and typical popstar sometimes, than I don't mean that negative, I like John a lot, just the way he is. And of course he's sensitive too, we could carry on here talking about all the diffrent experiences we had with him. I also have always said that he was really nice and humerous, when I met him. But once, when I met him with about 5 others, he was very popstar-like, a bit arrogant, rattling down his text of 'thanks for coming to the show, hope you liked it, see you again' smiled, passed us by and left. Even in the interview you would tell he was suuuper confident with a hint of arrogance. He even mentioned it himself. Tugger is arrogant too. Its nothing bad. I like it. I love a guy with a bit of arrogance. Shows this self-confidence that I like..

soo.. yes, for me this is just a discussion. I enjoy hearing all your ideas and thoughts about John. I wouldn't argue about it, we all have diffrent experiences. And what I just mentioned is only a tiny part of his total personality.

and I love that guy.. I do.. Just the way he is. I love it, that he shows his feelings openly, even if he's in a bad mood. He's got the right to be in a bad mood.. so don't misunderstand me, I don't judge, I only notice things and love them.

purrrrs
    Tuggerine [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well from a non-John-loving point of view I would agree with Tuggerine that he can be arrogant. Sure he is a nice guy most of the time & the fact that he is arrogant doesn't mean he's not a nice bloke. However he has got great confidence in himself (good for him) & he can be cocky.

From my experience of John the first I knew of him was through absolutely hating him. I thought he was a vain arrogant pig with no better qualities. Sorry to say that & I'm sure people won't like it but it is how I felt about him. After a few meetings with him my opinion hadn't changed much.

However over the months he was in Cats he came to recognise me by appearance and became much more friendly once he realised that actually I wasn't interested in him! Strange the way it worked!! I never made any effort to speak to John. I was pleasant to him but I let him get on with things as I wasn't interested in speaking to him due to my previous opinion of him.

However towards the end of the run of Cats I couldn't help but have a grudging like of him. He came up to me several times unprompted before and after shows, when I was chatting with other cast members and was really pleasant & asked how I was..etc. Also got some random hugs depending what sort of weird mood he was in each day! Needless to say I was surprised!!

The next time I saw John was in Taboo where he seemed really pleased to see Ruth & myself...so I kind of had to like him now whether I wanted to or not!! Finally he was really friendly when we saw him in Berlin that I've really had to re-write entirely what I think of him & say that he's a very pleasant guy when he recognises you a bit. He's of course off in John world 99% of the time & is a bit dippy...but that's part of him I guess. So yes he can be arrogant, but at least he's not a total bastard like I originally thought!!!!

Kate xx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why should anybody blame you for your opinion?
    I wasn't a fan-at-first-sight either. (Pretty fast changed my mind though!)

Never met him till now and seeing that I'm a freaking lil teenager he'll probably be totally anoyed.
    I can understand his moods though. I'm a very moody person as well(I'm a teenager, so it's kinda normal! [img]wink.gif[/img] )
    Wouldn't blame him either. Being surrounded with fans day by day must bother you sooner or later I guess....

...and this 'I'll ignore you and then you get interested in me' really sounds funny...don't know it's this famous theme for love moies, isn't it?! *lol*

Okay, I'll shut up! Promissed! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeargh!!! I don't want to have the words John and love movie in the same sentence!!!! Promise me you'll never scare me like that again! ;-) lol! Anyway I don't think I'm quite the *ahem* type he goes for...lacking in a few areas..!

Kate xx

KelliM

@Tuggs - Yeah, I didn't think you meant you liked John any less because you thought he was arrogant. I know how much of a fan you are of his and I believe nothing he could do would sway that.

John's a tough nut to crack sometimes, can't quite figure him out, but I guess that just adds to the intrigue. He says one thing at times and does another; I've gotten used to that as just being "John". I wanna call him arrogant, self-centered, and I've known him to get quite mad & upset with fans (sometimes tho who can blame him??), but I've also seen a very different side to him that's quite charming & endearing: very non-acting side (kinda little boyish, very spontaneous > hard to explain), so I don't take the arrogance and self-centeredness too seriously or personal. You just have to wait for him to come around.

@Kate, yep I agree you totally that he spends 90 + % of the time in John's world, but when you do manage to get him to come into your world, he gives you his undivided attention. It's just getting his attention that's the really big problem [img]wink.gif[/img] And as for dippy, I really know what you are saying by that, but I'm gonna side that most of that is acting because believe it or not, he's a pretty intelligent and perceptive man, I'm convinced that most of the dippiness is an act. I can't go into details, but believe me, that dippiness you perceive is pure acting 90% of the time.

Wow! This has been a fun discussion guys! I've really enjoyed this!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By dippy I meant he can be forgetful & sometimes a bit distant..obv due to being in John world tho!! :-p

Kate xx

KelliM

Spot on, Kate, spot on!! The distanceness hurts and is it true forgetfulness? Haha! Cheers!

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ June 02, 2003 07:50 PM: Message edited by: KelliM ]</font>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234