Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: He's updated his site....

KelliM

@Bombi: Yep, exactly right, not good for the younger fans to see! Oh and thanks fro the help! I just didn't get the abbreviation for the message board. I was there though.

I have to say though, the more I look at those pictures of him in the toilet, I think they are very unflattering. I can deal with the flamboyant pictures, the "bad hair" pictures, and even the naked pictures, but to see him in pictures where he's doing this kind of stuff to himself, nah, can't say that's something I want to look at.

Am I being too hard about this? Maybe, but I believe there are better ways to handle the stress of working so many shows a week. Does seeing this make me less of a fan? No, can't say it does, but it makes me feel sorry for him and worried for him. I hope he slows down in that department, he's going to be 32 for god's sakes!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Precisely..he's 32..which for a dancer/performer is starting to get old. So many dancers take cocaine when they are getting older..It's a stimulant which makes you feel wide awake, confident and on top of your game. It kills all feelings of pain, tiredness and hunger. Your heart beats faster and you feel like you're buzzing with energy. Some downsides are extreme and sudden changes of mood, paranoia, hallucinations and obviously death.

Some dancers consider it a fair price to pay, the risk of possible death, the pain of addiction and extreme paranoia coming down from a trip. It means they can carry on dancing for many years longer than it may have been possible without coke.

As for the legality..it's a class A drug. The highest ranking, right up there with heroin. Possessing crack/coke can get you up to seven years in jail. Supplying someone else with it can get you life and an unlimited fine.

Kate xx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, I doubt you'd get 7 years for it in Berlin, at least as long as it's just a small dose, I mean, half of the parliament is on cocain, and I'd expect Berlin to be a bit lose on the drug laws, since places where it's easy to get usually are (in the area I live in you could jump around with thirty joints in your pocket and the cops wouldn't give you mor than a warning) and I've never been to a place where I've been offered more than in Berlin, especially when it comes to the hard stuff.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah well that was only the official stats anyway!! In my home town we have this thing called Strawberry Fair once a year and it's a summery event with bands playing all day and half the night. Also seems to have turned into a druggy thing too..there are tons of stalls selling stuff there ranging from bongs to herbal highs..legal drugs with various psychadelic effects (until they are made illegal and another version is created).

My friends and I always sit smoking joints listening to the bands as do half the crowd and the police don't much care unless you have like an entire backpack of dope on you!! They try to stop the hard drug peddling but turn a blind eye to most of the stuff going on or they'd have to arrest thousands of people!

I have an amusing story relating to Strawb Fair this year..basically I had to be at work at 5pm and so only went along for the afternoon and obviously didn't plan on getting high or anything. Tried, out of interest some "dope punch" and a herbal high tablet..TOTALLY not expecting any effects and then spent a very trippy 5 hours at work! Was not a good idea for my working efficiency..though I did have a more interesting time!

I can understand how performers get into drug taking and although I really don't condone it, I'm not one to say what John should or shouldn't be doing. I can't be a hypocrite where drugs are concerned and say they're all evil..I'm definitely part of the pro-legalisation of Cannabis movement because it is not physically addictive or harmful. It is not true the saying that "if you take cannabis you're going to take hard drugs too".

Anna..I didn't get offered anything whilst in Berlin!!! I guess we were obviously English and wouldn't have understood someone asking in German if we wanted to score! I think that there are drug hotspots in most places and generally there's a lot more tolerancy in places with a high amount of drug use. If John wanted to pick a place to get high in..Berlin is a damn good one!!

Kate xx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know, I obviously look like someone who'd be using (er, nice compliment, ain't it?), I tend to get offered stuff wherever I go, guess I dress that way or whatever. The difference in Berlin was they were in so obvious places, sometimes with the cops right next to them and they didn't give a shit about that.

er, kids stop reading here [img]wink.gif[/img]

I agree on the cannabis thing with you, although it should have restrictions. Like the way they work it in the Netherlands is fine, you can oppenly get small amounts in some 'coffee shops'.
    I don't know if you've ever heard of Christiania, it's like a small village in the center of Copenhagen where Cannabis based drugs are legal, it's quite a sight honestly, but I've never seen as many drug-wrecks as I've seen there, and they have huge campaigns against hard drugs, kick people out and such...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did read on! *lol*

We had that discussion in school and actually (although I wouldn't touch that stuff myself) wouldn't think too bad about the legalisation of Cannabis. I mean, it can also be quit usefull as medicine and stuff. But another point is, that people who wouldn't touch a joint at the moment BECAUSE it's not leagel might do it then. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Don't think very good about John taking drugs though, but it's his life, his choise and I still adore him the way I did all the time! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    (Going to Dinslaken tonight! *bounces* [img]smile.gif[/img] )

*hugz*
    Bombi

KelliM

Oooo Bombi have fun and Dinslaken and take some pics!!! Let us know all about it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is it such a bad thing that people who wouldn't have considered it would then try cannabis? It's not harmful or addictive. Personally I think alcohol is a much more volatile and dangerous drug. Cannabis calms people down, makes them relaxed and more peaceful, or sometimes giggly. But it does not make people act in a violent manner. Alcohol can have hugely damaging effects varying from aggressive behaviour to alcohol addiction.

I think legalising would make it similar to tobacco, all cannabis sold would have to conform to certain standards and it would ensure that the stuff people were going to take was what they thought and was of good quality. It certainly has great medicinal qualities for sufferers of Multiple Sclerosis and other diseases causing muscle pain.

Kate xx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123