Thread: You know (o/t).....

KelliM

Question

I've noticed that we have a lot of people who lurk this board as "guest" and that's great!!! Our statistics for visits to message boards on this section of Hostboard has made us the 2nd most visited board - in just under 7 months - wiping out in visits the other boards who've been here longer. And we did it in such a short amnt of time!

This tells me people are obviously interested in what John is doing and visit here a lot of times to find out! We have hundreds and hundreds of hits a day!! I think we're a pretty informative board!

But, what I don't understand is why don't some of these people register and talk with us? I don't know abt you, but I think it would be neat to see some other faces around here!! Now, I "know" other people visit this board because I've seen news that was first posted here spread to other messages boards within the hours after it's posted here!! There's nothing wrong - that's great!!! Sharing Johnny info is great!!! But, gosh, I'd really like those people to stop in and say "hi" to us! So, come on! Sign on and say "hi"! [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

[ July 06, 2003 08:43 PM: Message edited by: KelliM ]

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ July 06, 2003 11:32 PM: Message edited by: KelliM ]</font>

KelliM

Just to add more to the fact that this board gets so many hits, think about this: There are only about 5 of us here who carry on a regular conversation, with occasional visits from Laura, Caz, and Tuggs (who I haven't seen in ages), but when you scroll down to see how many times each topic is read - there are topics here that have over a hundred hits (some over 200) next to them. I realize that a hit registers each time we go to read what someone has written in response, but there are only 5 regular readers of this board that I know - we have tons of other unknowns out there reading what we say every day. That's fine, I don't mind, but why don't some of them join in our conversations?? I dunno, maybe I'm easily amused, but I find all our large amount of hits amazing given we have so few registered members.

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ July 21, 2003 10:23 PM: Message edited by: KelliM ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think we're scary, maybe, and they think we'll bite their heads of when they say something... and you're right about there being a lot of people that just lurk, you should see the amount of mail I got after mentioning something of sending someone a CD...

::behaves so people start to delurk::