Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi...

I feel like I'm talking to myself on this board... [img]frown.gif[/img]
    So has anybody gotten the DVD yet? I just watched it and it's great! (I didn't see the show, so I guess it must be much better live on stage and I wish i would have seen it in London!!!) But I really like it. Although dresses don't really sute John well...*lol* The Leopard-spot pants are much better! *g* (And the long hair!) Anyway, you've gotta watch the backstage part! *eg*
    So, don't know what exactly this post was good for, but it's really quiet on this board and I would rather enjoy it if there was a little more chatting on it. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Greetings to all of you!
    Bombi [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm still waiting for my DVDs to arrive. So I'll let you know what I think once I have them. A lot of people on the Taboo board are quite pissed off with the quality of the backstage DVD & the rip-off price! I totally agree it's a rip-off to charge ?15 for an hour's footage which was probably just someone running around backstage with a video camera.

On the other hand I think people have hyped this up far too much. It's only a couple of DVDs and people have been raving on about getting them so it's not surprising that when they do their ultra high hopes are shattered. I was kind of expecting some disappointment because people have been building up to getting the DVDs for months and getting really excited. It's only natural that there will be something to disappoint them,

Kate xx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, i don't have it yet. Probably won't until someone in my family will be gracious enough to give it to me for Christmas or give a little funding, since I'm once again fabulously broke (yay!).
    Besides I STILL have two or three DVDs that are on the list before Taboo [img]frown.gif[/img] Ah well, I'll get my hands on it eventually.
    Just wondering, is the extra stuff worth the money? I'd like to see it, but it's a lot cheaper without...
    just wondering, what are the folks on the Taboo boards saying about the bway production?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

luv em [img]smile.gif[/img] dont care wot anyone says, are brilliant, bring back some happy memories for me...altho they cud lay off my maz a bit, poor baby

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have you got the DVD with backstage material?
    Is there a lot about John on it? Didn't buy that one... [img]frown.gif[/img]
    Think I'm regretting it!!! *sob*

KelliM

wish they made it in a region 1 version. i was in new york city this past week and seems like taboo isn't doing too well there - many tickets are at the 1/2 price ticket booth.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah, it got awful press beforehand. Then they went on as they did in London changing the show all the time. Aparently it's better now, must've been pretty bad at the beginning. The thing is of all those people I know that've seen it in NYC I haven't heard a single bad review, they all loved it ::shrug:: maybe ticket sales will take off once the word goes round that it isn't all that bad. Just hope it'll stay around till summer cause I'd love to see it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Taboo got terrible press reviews but all the feedback from the audiences ahs been really positive. Everyone has absolutely LOVED the show..stupid theatre critics have got it wrong I'm afraid..it's FABULOUS!

Kate xx

KelliM

OT - Hey Kate - did you say you were going to be in Canada sometime? Are you there now or have you been there already?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm moving out there in 2 weeks time and I'll be there 3 1/2 months and then plan to be in New York for 2 weeks before coming home! Exciting!!

Kate xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast