Thread: aahhh RENT

Kelliiii

If John Partridge ever has the chance to reprise the role of Roger - he'd be a fool not to grab it - best damn role he's ever done! Let the memories role: http://youtube.com/results?search=re...&search=Search

This was still the best cast to ever hit the stage since OBC - could even top OBC! I've seen Rent so many times so many places - NOTHING beats the German cast. John wanted this role so damn bad & he flew with it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

It's good to see new people appreciating John through this video but I wonder why it has suddenly appeared now in 2006 when it was recorded back in 1999. In fact I am sure it's the same one I have a copy of in which case it was recorded on John's 28th birthday.

I would love to see John play Roger again too but I can't see it happening. Right now, I'd be happy to see him in anything new - Miss Saigon has been good but John has much more to give than the role of John allows him. Still..looking forward to the final performance on Saturday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

::sigh:: I have like a love/hate relationship to this cast. I just found a boot I didn't even know I had (did I trade that one with anyone of you, anyone remember? cause I don't have a clue who the Maureen is (I'm pretty sure it's not Irina... Dunja maybe? squeals quite a lot?)) and it's just, uh, not-so-great. I had a tendency to complain about accents, but dude, on that boot I'd take Pehton's or John's accent over whatever crap Alex thought he was doing any time (or maybe I've just been getting more anal about Mark's since Jon Robyns). I think the biggest problem still is that the translation was so darn dreadful that however good the cast might've been there's just no way I'm going to enjoy it (not that the new translation promises to be much better)...

hm, Bway needs a new Roger [img]wink.gif[/img] nah, as much as I loved his Roger, I don't know whether he can still pull it off. Maybe if he put on a few pounds again he'd look younger... dunno.