Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: uva baseball

i don't know much about wassem, but if one would do some research, it would be clear why hank banner remains coach at wise.
    [img]http://softball.hnrc.tufts.edu/league/teams/psychology/images/emanski_mcgriff.jpg[/img]

I agree with a lot of what is being said, but three years ago Coach Banner took a team to Regions for the first time in about 10 years, now I agree that some changes need to be made, but In my opinion, and I think Moonlight would agree, they need to be made on a lower level than Head Coach...thats all I will say about that...

Also I think a big problem and Ive said this before on here is scholarship money, I mean I think the baseball team has like 4 full rides maybe??? The volleyball and softball team have even less than that, of course both of them have had really good success and I tip my hat to both Kim and Coach Leftwich/Coach Mitchell for that, but I mean think about it. Being a state funded college it is hard to compete for example with a Milligan who has something like 12 full rides in baseball.....I mean its a heck of a lot easier to get a kid to come play for you if you can offer him a full ride......

Inactive Member imported_thetruth's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how much do you know about athletic administration?? I assume very little by your post. Considering the amount of scholarships available I believe they do pretty well. Wasem is not exactly playing a soft schedule of games in this conference. the women's basketball coach seems to have helped you insert your foot into your mouth with the national tourney appearance last season. It is very easy to make decisions from behind a keyboard rather than in reality wouldn't you say?

Inactive Member imported_thetruth's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what left you so frustrated? Lack of ability in athletics or lack of ability to coach. If you were the coach in each sport I guess they would win the conference each year in each sport right. As for winning, maybe you should go count the banners in the gym that have occurred in his tenure.

Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree I think Wassum plays one of the toughest NAIA schedules around. Pikeville, Georgetown, and Cumberland (KY), all almost always make it to the playoffs. Not to mention Union which is very solid.

I think Ray Spenalli would make a great head coach at Wise....again. This guy flat out knows how to teach the game, and I think that is what is lost most at the college level. Most college coaches assume every player that comes in knows everything to know.

Coach Spenalli really takes the time to teach not only the fundamentals but the way the game is supposed to be played to the kids out there. It is just a shame that he doesnt have more time to work with the players out there more, because the program would see a drastic change if he could spend more time on the field.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12