Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Run Devils Run!

Jager, I don't think I said GC players, but I know this, if you hear it all week, you tend to believe it. With as vocal as the GC fans are, I'm sure that plenty of the players heard how PV beat them twice last year, both 'questionable' (previous years discussions the basis of the word questionable) and that this was the time for GC to show them. Heck, I thought they would. I predicted GC by 14, so I'm as much wrong about that as anybody. As for putting words, nope, don't have to. Like I said there are some very good Gate City posters on this forum, some who are extremely classy, extremely knowledgeable and who have always been very honest about things, good or bad. Then there are some others who, well haven't (taking the high road). We're all human, supporting teams of high school kids (be they 13-19) or whatever the range is, we all have our great kids who wouldn't do a thing wrong for the world, we all have our kids who are well the opposite end of the spectrum. Sometimes we have more good than bad, sometimes it appears we have more bad than good. Some kids you can straighten out, some take any attempt to straighten them up and it makes them worse. You want an honest view, and no offense intended? The biggest problem is a handful of Gate City posters or fans, who love to read/post good about Gate City and have no problem posting questionable stuff about others, but when someone says something about them, it turns into the quest to make fun of, discredit or question anything they do/say. What personally bothers me more is those Gate City posters who have proven to be pretty good people, call a spade a spade, admit good or admit bad, tend to seem afraid to post those opinions on the general board, normally relying on private messages to discuss the bad, and from what some said, because they know if they say anything bad, they get trashed worse than some of us from other places do, because we're Wave, Vikings or whomever, and they are Blue Devils, they shouldn't do that.

Any game I see, I'll try to find something good to say about each team. I'll probably have something bad to say about a team as well, because thus far, I have yet to see an area that a team doesn't need to work on, because so far I haven't seen a perfect team. Sometimes you pick on small things because a team does well, and thats all you can pick on. I picked on Gate City about the attitude last week, after talking how good Parks played, how much Castle battled, how their lines domainated the play, how their defense hit so hard, etc, Several good things said, but I did complain about that, and will continue to, even if we do it. I'm as Green Wave as it gets, but like tonight, Clintwood was able to get a lot of players in the game, give a lot of experience to some kids. Probably was a bit to conservative, but that was probably score and weather related. I think we committed to many penalties, most of them mental, maybe that was due to overlooking Wise a bit, maybe due to the weather somewhat, I don't know why.

Anyhow, enough writing time for bed.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Like I said, just my opinion. Everyone here has their own, it's simply just mine. Nothing to get agitated about, just like you have said the same of burrhead's postings.

Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes I went to the game Burrhead...I'm not one to run and hide from anyone or anything...Yes it's a sad situation about Quincy's brother and I think of this guy as my own brother as well.
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

I belong to God Now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think this tells me all I need to know about this burrhead character. Probably pretty much sums it up for anyone else with half a brain as well.

Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If he spent 2 and a half hours at the game, well I may have half a brain, but you can read what I'm saying. As for Quincy, I was out of line not knowing the situation. When people said Tob was at the game, I just wondered what happened to him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Was you at the game PVVikeFan?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't get to make it. I was in Bristol. Had to "watch it" on the radio. But it should be on TV here tomorrow.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I looked for you. Bet you wish you had been there now! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It shocked me that Pv won. I thought Gate City would have won. So I guess it is like a back and forth thing going on.

I still hope Gate City beats norton.
    Indian born, indian bred and when I die I will be indian dead

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow!!! Statistics aint important. Now let me see. Hmmm Gate City got 104 yards rushing and Powell Valley piled up 173. And look Gate City managed a single yard passing to Powell Valley's 121!!! Hmmm, according to my limited math skills that would give Gate City a total of 105 yards for the game compared to Powell Valley's 294. Wow!!! Its a good thing stats are important because if they were it would have been a blowout!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Gee.. I said that if Parks didn't get a 100 yards rushing, Gate City would be in serious trouble. Let's check the stats...Oh my!!!! Parks only got 97 yards and Gate City lost!!! Guess a loss doesn't qualify as serious trouble. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast