Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: JIB vs. Pound

Stupid move to hit any player that everyone knows is going to take a knee. Street clothes for next weeks game would be a givin if I was his coach, but that probably won't happen.
    crack is whack

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From what the radio said, it was all one sided. Trio sounds like he has the story straight. I don't blame the Burton coaches for sending them straight to the locker room.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Inactive Member imported_six4three's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i wasn't at the game, but it sounded like burton was trying to widen the margin, the announcers kept saying "why are they throwing at this point in the game when they should be running the clock?" the score was 18-7 at that time. maybe pound took offense to that.

someone who was there give us an account for what really happened.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We were there, and still aren't too sure what happened.

In any case, the refs did the right thing by calling it (with 1:10 left). It was just getting too ugly.

There weren't any police to direct traffic because they were all trying to keep the peace out near the field. We saw more coming in after the game.

There was plenty of unsportman like conduct on each side. (But as a Pound fan, I gotta say the excess showboating on every decent play by Burton really got under my skin.)
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No excuse. The score was 24-7 and JIB for some reason tried to throw the ball with over 3 minutes to go. Pound intercepted the ball and had it at their own 5 with 2 minutes and change. Pound should have been grateful that the JIB coaching staff was that stupid. No. They couldn't score from the 5 and decided to start taking cheap shots on a qb trying to take a knee. No excuse.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't see a lot of showboating by the Burton players.

I'll always want a little more than I already have.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's a lot to be said for just getting up and going back to the huddle after a good play.

I dont think the Raiders played well, but they did what they had to do to win.

Pound lined up and smacked them in the mouth. The Raiders showed a lot of tenacity and answered the bell.

Keep your heads up Wildcats, you made them earn it tonight.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

there was a game tonight

Pound hung with Burton for most of the game until they had a breakdown in the 4th.. Kept Burtons offense in check for most of the night.. Burton got a turn over and scored on a Lorenzo Miles run. Pound drove back down the field with help from a couple of PI calls and punched it in. a big Josh Miles run down the the wildcat 1 set up Ethan Stewart on a qb sneek the game was delayed for about 20 minutes due to Lightening. Burton 12-7 at half time.
    Burton scored on a long interception return by Jordan Thacker. I can;t exactly remember who scored Burtons final Td.. Congratulations to Adam Mullins, he surpassed 1000 yards on the season and congrats to the Burton Raiders on the victory.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There was quite a bit. Dancing in the end zone, dancing after a tackle, dancing after regaining the ball, smack-talk to the opponents on the sidelines (we saw L. Miles do this in the 4th quarter).

They were called on it a couple of times. Burton actually missed an extra point because of a 15-yard celebration in the endzone penalty.

They got away with quite a bit of it (after the 2nd touchdown for instance, while they were dancing/high-fiving)
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JIB is infamous for this. Pound should have been prepared for that. It was true when I played against them over 10 years ago. The best way to shut them up is beat them.