Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: JIB vs. Pound

And that is the professional, which is different. You don't need to teach or endorse high school kids acting like idiots. When they get paid, then they can act like idiots.

I don't think there is any better form of intimidation than them hitting you and acting like they did it before, acting like some sort of inbred idiot just makes people think you're a, well inbred idiot.

Maybe thats the age factor in me, I don't know.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Inactive Member imported_six4three's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i agree with you rocketer....most coaches around here don't allow it....gotta respect those guys.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess thats just your age rocket, not even saying your old. But you of all people should know that norton is rather "different" from the rest of wise county. Not to make it a racial thing, but Black people dont see trash talking in the same light as others. Its different to them. If we are playing a pickup game at the park or playing tiddly winks in gym class, they are going to talk trash, its nothing personal at all, its the nature of their personna. But apparently it gets under the skin of players who arent used to it so it is effective. Now sometimes norton will talk trash and get smacked around, but thats not the point. They arent talking trash to say they are better or they are going to win. They are talking trash to get under your skin and gain an advantage. Believe me, it bothers a lot of players that arent accustomed to it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ill tell you this rocket, my canes come to blacksburg in 2 weeks. Im scared to death the canes are going to have a ton of penalties just for losing their cool and reacting to Jimmy Williams and Marcus Vick's nonsense. But gotta give credit to them, they are good at "it"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I just don't like it, and never will. I mean I guess I'm stuck in the old Cummings mentality, like Burrhead said, Cummings didn't even like players to be cheerleading on the field.

I guess I don't think of race, so it doesn't matter to me what the race is, I hate it.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rules aren't made to be racially conditional. I agree to an extent with some of your post, but unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are color-blind. There is alot of cultural differences between the two races of people, but when you are playing the same game, there should also be some respect for what is arguably the greatest sport of them all. I was always taught to respect the game, as well as your opponent, but we all could debate this all night. Different folks have different perspectives.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Geez Mega! Is everything racial with you?? Just kiddin' [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I agree. It's a part of the black culture to talk the talk.

I would die if I ever saw my brother out there jumping around and staring down opponents after a big hit. haha
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whenever you have a team that showboats a lot, the best way (as someone said earlier) to shut them up is flat out knock em in the teeth. I cant say much from my 3-7 season last year, but when we played the raiders there was a bit of celebration going on at the beginning of the game, but after getting hit a few times, they shut up.
    And i agree with mega tho, theres nothing wrong with playing head games with people on the field, i done it all the time, if you get one of the "star" players on the opposing team pissed and all riled up, they cant do anything against ya, that combined with some hard hitting football can shut some players down....
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For starters, Pound better be thanking god for the sloppy field or this game would have been a disaster. Second, they need to thank those refs for all the BS calls. The pass interference call on Jordan in the endzone(BS). The fumble that Burton recovered and they called the player down and gave the ball back to Pound (BS). And I didnt see anything wrong with Zo celebrating with BURTON fans. It was an intense game and he let his emotions show, no big deal. And I ABSOLUTELY agree with Jimbo not letting the Burton players shake hands with Pound after the game. Pound was dirty with the cheap shots on the backups at the end of the game. Did that make them feel better beating up on 9th graders? What losers!! The incident after the game was uncalled for too. The father of the head coach at Pound pushed one of Burtons assistant coaches wife and nearly knocked her down. Also shoved a little girl around the age of 9. I have NO respect for Pound. Its always been this way ever since I can remember, they are the biggest bunch of rednecks Ive ever seen. It dont matter what sport they are playing over there, little league, varsity, girls tball. Its sad!! And thats not just my opinion, I've heard the same thing from several Pound people(the ones who are decent people). Wish Burton could have ran the score up on em some more!!!
    "Why so serious?"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Trash talking is going to go on in almost any sport and it always will. But that stupid a$$ dancing has to go. It shows immaturity of both players and the coaches that let this go on. If they only knew how dumb this really looks. I'm glad you don't see much of this stuff around here. Just one or two schools maybe.