Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: JIB vs. Pound

I was just telling Rocketer the other day that there are boys on the Clintwood team this year, that wouldn't have played a down for Coach Cummins. We could cheer each other, but no cheering to the crowd.. That was a major no no!

Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is the way we tried to call it last night. Not just last night but every night. Seems they are used to getting away with it on both sides but not with me I do not allow it.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

Heres what I think and I wasnt at the game. Its just on an overall basis of it. It varies to who you are and where you are from. We have made many examples on what is and what is not celebration showboating etc. The X by GC folks is perceived as excitement by the Devil clan while Clintwoodians considered it excessive celebration, Celebrating with fans is deemed over celebration by some although when one of my best friends Delforge played foosball I was always in the end zone and he would come straight to me and sorta give me the LB leap, Why? cause he is a best friend and I was happpy for him, we saw nothing wrong could have someone else?
    Or and here is a debate that will explode into a ball of fire, but when a player says a prayer in the endzone, some see that as a great gesture and some see it as a aspect that others choose that could be left outta the game.(Im pretty sure they are thanking GOD for their talents or praising him for their abilities to glorify him, which I respect and commend but GOD did not help you score that TD, Im sure they mortar attacks in Iraq come first rather then your 3 and 7 situation) with all that being said, it simply falls into where you are from and what you see as celebration. Refs are the exact same I spent many days reffing summer basketball games, seeing kids react in different ways, but thats what it is, Its hard to change a kids background in an hour time. As long as it doesnt cross the boundaries of taunting where it is done in a malicious manor, its hard to say much I beleieve and anytime a kid
    I beleieve any gestures to you own crowd or "excitement" to you own fans should just be overlooked, nothing made me more happy myself then goin to the sidelines during a basketball game and yelling to my own crowd to get fired up or just getting myself pumped up, a enthusiastic crowd can honestly make or break your moral.

Thats just my take.

the whole racial stuff is ignorant from the beginning period.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure you picked up on it, but that wasn't directed toward your crew. I think it's getting to where there's not alot you can do. I wish the VHSL would make it a rule to where you get 1 warning for excessive celebration/taunting/trash talking, then the second is an ejection.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I knbow that I was just saying that I am of the old school. I have no problem with players high fiving and that thing but when they go into the crowd or to the fence that is too much.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was at the game and here is my view of it....

Burton knew that before they even got there that Pounds field is always bad and they also knew that Pounds boys will never give up. No matter how bad Pound is they will always give you a fight no matter what and Burton knew this.
    Now as for the game. At the start of the game it was very foggy and hard to see anything which i'm sure made it hard for the boys, but anyways....the game was goin pretty good and then it was delayed for lighting. after the boys came back out things seemed to get a little rough from both sides of the bench.I know at one point in the game Burton's QB Ethan Stewart got trapped and ran and threw the ball, it wasn't caught by either side, but there wasn't a ref with in 20yds of him and 3 Pound players stood there and beat up on him for a good while...now if you couldn't see that you don't have very good eyes...That's where i think it all started from....after that things just seemed to get worse and worse...Of couse every team is goin to be protective over their QB cause he's the one who pretty much runs the offense and if he gets hurt you can pretty much mess up a whole game...After half time it didn't help things just got worse and worse and during the 4th i think that the refs were just tired of it and i think they made a really good call about not lettin it go on anymore, because there is no sense in gettin hurt over something stupid like bein redneck...when Burton walked off the field and didn't shake hands i thought it was pretty disrespctful and they shouldn't have done that....but i guess that was their coachs calll....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It seems like the Burton and Pound game is becoming a little bit of a rivialry. When I played from pnut to jv to varisty it was always a tough game. But with that being said, I don't understand all this talk about the unsportslike conduct for high fiving the fans(I wasn't there). I personally don't see nothing wrong with that. Also could someone help me out with my understanding of the finale minutes. Was it that Burton was taking a knee to run the clock out but the Pound players where tackling the qb while kneeling the ball? If that's my understanding then thats just stupid. As for the trash talk it's all a part of the game. I guess you could say Burton is the Miami ofthe LPD when it comes to trash talking. I guess thats why everyone hates us lol. It's like Mega said early wheather it be football, basketball, dodge ball, or double dutch there will always be that trash talking from Burton.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is from Freddy and since he cant post at work he ask me to post this for him. So enjoy! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Freddy Says: "Freddy Says" owned the n00blets from pound were given a GIFT of one touchdown early in the game, one of which burton did not give them again. I mean it took like 10 plays from the 5 yard line, silly penalties gave pound the ball 3 times with 1st down on the 2 yard line...and it still took penalties to get Pound in the endzone... And as for the smacktalk... lets get to the real issue here.... the Drunken Rednecks of Pound the Total Lack of Class the whole city showed by letting these drunks in the gates to begin with. If Freddy was in charge and I was running the show at pound there would be 3 rules.
    1) No drinking
    2) Anyone missing more than 20 teeth are not allowed in (YOu probably got them knocked out from talking trash to someons kid. I know if my kid was out there you would have both of your remaining teeth removed)
    3) No allowing alcoholic beverages... no way can people get this drunk before the game, and still be this drunk at the end of it... I almost cought a buzz from being around one of these silly men, who have no clue about football.. "KILL HIM" " Hit Em'" .... hmmm... Maybe a night watching Smokey Mountain Wrestling would better suit such people than coming to watch KIDS.... KIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKI DSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDS KIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKI DSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDS KIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKI DSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDS KIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKI DSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDS KIDSKIDSKIDS

YES THESE ARE KIDS.... you are 40 years old you have had too much to drink, and you could probably take 1/2 of the KIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKI DSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDSKIDS KIDSKIDSKIDSKIDS that are out there... you BUM. This is the reason pound was REMOVED from the P-Nut League... becuase the BUMS you let into these games you consider "Fans". If I was a senior last night at the gam" I know being a wildcat means being with my brothers and going to war (The all said the same thing...) and knowing that if we get WHIPPED our drunken redneck fans will always start trouble. "The Pound is a place you put animals that nobody wants or abandons" perhaps some of those fans need to be treated as such..... And yes.... burton did talk smack... you could see it ... and from the whopping pound got ... I don't blame them... Pounds Fans Suck.... PFS...thats it.

One more thing "I thought the Pound fans were very classy last night" Something when coming to a game in pound you bring a switchblade with you , becuase the Drunken Redneck Rampage (DRR) That ensues when pound gets WTFOWNED. Pound has no class, regardless of "Trash Talking" EVERYONE talks trash... lets move on to the things EVERYONE does.... lets talk about this whole "Drunks from pound running their mouths to kids" thats something that seems exclusive to pound. eeer lets move away.....lets move away from....I'll be home before I know it... don't worry about replying....it was bad....Classless tackling hunnycutte when he was getting up from kneeling. Throwing things out, fights, and cops being called. Just plain hoorrible. As soon I get home I will post!

Freddy

So there you have it.

"Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my coach always told me to give it all i had until the score board had all 0 on it

Im on the Outside..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but one Pound player who impressed me last night was #11 Ryan Vanover.. he got tackle on top of tackle he had to have at least 20..He made the best of his senior night..