Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Swoopes comes out of the closet!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Swoopes comes out of the closet!!!!!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    And how do you know they ain't attracted to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they are. But if you are a man, a straight woman could possibly be attracted to you too. What's your point? A homosexual isn't going to hunt you down and assault you since they find you attractive. Plus if they know you are straight, it's not really their goal to "turn you" (in most cases, I know some homosexuals have come on to straight people before).

And by the way, I wouldn't want to take the "opportunity" to meet one or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fine to have your own opinion (albeit an uneducated one) and all, but to throw stones while living in a glass house is mightly dangerous.

Oh, by the way, how many of that kind attend your church?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say, you'd be surprised.

Obviously you see it as a sin....but why do you come down so hard on this particular sin? Why not other sin? Why aren't you speaking out about sex before marriage? Or adultry? Or how bout not loving thy neighbor??

The problem in society isn't the fact that people have their own opinions; the problem is that hate is taught generation after generation.
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think anyone coming out of the closet should be looked upon any different than who they are as a person. I mean so what if she is gay, it may be wrong but it doesn't change how she conducts her profession. She should not lose any respect IMO. But according to the Bible it is not only a sin but an abomination and yes it is wrong. But we are not God and NO we shouldn't cast judgement on her that is my opinion. If everyone would just show her respect for her lifestyle whether they agree or not then she in return would show them respect no matter how they feel about it. Jesus was invited to a sinners house and he went though Peter the disciple thought he shouldn't. Also Jesus asked the crowd to cast the first stone those without sin when a woman was caught cheating. God's laws may not be ours but they are right and he obeys his laws and he loves the sinner not their sin. Jesus did not cast the sinners away yet he didn't sin by loving them either.

Inactive Member imported_Dunduin's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The bible was written by men not god. I have a good friend who is gay and is one of the best people you could ever meet. If he goes to hell over someone standing around damning him and everyone else that makes them a little uncomfortable then there's something wrong.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dunduin this post makes me question your sexuality. And he won't go to hell because of other ppl, he will because he is a sinner. Last time I checked this wasn't the religous forum.
    Go Huskers!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So hes going to hell for being a sinner, for being gay? So that means, if YOU are a sinner, you also go to hell. You have never sinned? Or does God only forgive straight people's sins?

It is what it is, sin IS sin.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The responses to this topic basically sum up what is wrong with this country: Everyone has to be different. It is no longer ok to just be a straight, God-loving, hard-working,down-to-earth, good person. NO, now you got to be different. Since God is popular, society has shunned Him. Since straight people are the majority, gays are put on a platform and given special rights. On a lesser note, the same holds true with clothes. Ironically, people want to be different from society...And turn out to just be following popular trends.

I feel that this nation is doomed. There is a bunch of homosexuals running around is it alright? Huh? There has to be some people on this forum who know that homosexuality is not only wrong, but not something that we have to stand with or for. In the beginning, their was Adam and Eve...No matter how much people want to be different, that's just how it is.
    Clintwood Greenwave
    Back-to-Back Region D Champions
    2008 LPD Champions

"State in '08"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Straight or gay dosen't matter, but if you are gay and ask forgiveness you can't continue to be gay and live that lifestyle, without being condemned to hell. I do believe this is the point that is trying to be made here. There are none good not one among you, we all sin and come short of the glory of god but the difference is asking forgiveness and trying to live a christian life with Jesus as your guide and role model.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! I was fired up!
    Clintwood Greenwave
    Back-to-Back Region D Champions
    2008 LPD Champions

"State in '08"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lpd05....keep that fire going, it is refreshing to me to read posts like yours.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good gracious, no wonder people view this area as backwoods rednecks.

[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast