Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Clintwood

no, there was no score until 55 seconds or so left in the game. 6-0 final

norton is 9-0, thats how you got that mistaken.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Clintwood impressed me. I told people at work that Clintwood worried me because they play very tough defense like we do. and wow, what is his name, Kenny Dotson? the kid impressed me running tonight. everything was tough going for both sides but this kid pounded the ball and has some speed of his own.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

didn't clintwoods kicker miss a couple field goals tonight?
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know each team missed 1. Clintwood may have tried 2, I can't remember for sure.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Clintwood, Great class, my upmost respect goes to these young players. They played their hearts out and give burton the toughest game of the season. I have to agree with Freddy the best defensive game I have seen all year. I'm sorry but don't know the name (maybe Kenny Dotson) but number 10 for Clintwood played an excellent game. Congrats to my raiders another win!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I'm completely drained but here goes. Excellent game, especially if you love the defense. Turnovers, at least in my mind, really hurt Clintwood. 2 punts fumbled and their best drive were snuffed due to one. It definitely seemed like Clintwood had the momentum and the last fumble happened and something clicked in Norton. Both kickers missed a field goal, but the defenses both really shined.

I know I'm biased, and not meaning to slight Burton, but I just didn't feel the best team won (IMO), but in the final 2 minutes, Burton was able to move the ball and get a score. A good portion of their yards for the game came on that drive, but they stepped up and made plays. I think Clintwoods pass rush may have been slowed a bit due to playing so hard for 4 quarters trying to contain Norton's speed and Stewart took advantage of it and made plays. It was as I said, an ugly beautiful game. Neither team wanted it and neither team wanted to lose it.

I thought both teams played pretty classy tonight. I know that there had been talk about attitude but if there was, for the most part, at least big and obvious things, Norton was very contained. I think they realized that this was a battle early, and I would say that Coach Adams had really enforced to them that they didn't need to give us anything. Great job by them.

I feel for the Wave, their defense was considered a weakness at the beginning of the year, and here at the end, they effectively shut down the speed of Norton. Lots of hard work, good adjustments by the coaches, and a lot of desire.

So again, hopefully didn't offend anybody from Burton, I admit my bias, but I just feel like the ending wasn't what Clintwood deserved but in a game like that, someone has to lose. Even when the extra point was blocked, it just felt like it still could happen but Norton was sitting pretty then and able to pull it out.

I'm sure I'll have more but....dang what a game.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

good post rock, I dont have any problems with you saying what you said. I'll admit that it could easily have went either way basically because burton's offensive line got blown up all night. I know cwood plays great D and at the same time, it seems Burton's o-line has regressed the whole season. Jordan and Lorenzo didnt have much room to run, I wouldnt even call it containing, Id just call it as them having no chance, especially to run wide.

The only thing I would disagree with is
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I know that there had been talk about attitude but if there was, for the most part, at least big and obvious things, Norton was very contained. I think they realized that this was a battle early, and I would say that Coach Adams had really enforced to them that they didn't need to give us anything. Great job by them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Burton hadnt hardly had any of those types of penalties the whole year or any kinds of incidents like that. "that other team" over your way just tends to bring that on themselves. I think Burton pretty much acted and played the way they have all year, it was a good clean game and I give cwood a lot of respect. Even though cwood has beat burton a lot over the years, it seems like there have been some classic games.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with Rock here. It was a great game, but we should have got it. Give credit to JIB for pulling it out though. I don't remember Kenny Dotson fumbling all year and he fumbled three times friday night. He wasn't even touched on two of them. Two muffed punts, and he was carrying the ball in the wrong hand on another one. We moved the ball well on 3-4 drives and just fumbled them away. I think we give the ball to JIB 3-4 times inside our own 20. I've never seen so many fumbles in a game and have no points from them.

To all the JIB fans....I thought that Stacy was the most overrated player to ever come from that school, and to be honest, I never really had anything good to say about him...I think that Stewart is going to be a pretty good one for you guys. One more thing, how do you guys only have 5 seniors? About half those guys have been playing for 10 years. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey man, I dont really wanna talk about it on here, but family reasons kept me from getting there from the beginning, I didnt think I was even going to make it at all. I got there right when the 4th quarter started and I saw some people from cwood and asked if they knew you or could point you out to me. They said they didnt know you though, your just too old man [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

One thing that must be mentioned that most dont know about is Burton's line got thrashed all night long. They put in Ricky Harris for the last 2 drives and his pass protection was vital to what Burton was trying to do. He blocked better than about anybody on the offensive line the whole night and had 13 tackles playing DT on defense. Great game kid, I recognized how important you were.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast