In Ky right now (and Tn if I am not mistaken), schools are practicing football. Why doesn't Va allow this? Is it because they do not wanna fund anything where they stand no chance of making a profit?
Another question, in the VHSL you are limited to what 18 games (baseball and softball) before the conference tournament. 18 games, every state around us plays 18 games before april. This puts va athletes at a major disadvantage when it comes to going on to the next level. in 18 games there if you get into a "slump" the season is literally half over, the same thing with getting "hot". Why the VHSL does not allow more games is beyond me. If you have one good pitcher you can make it the state quarterfinals every year. I think that was the key to Kelly's success in the Shupe era (but then again its alot easier to pitch when you are up by 10). All I am saying is allow more games, start early, do whatever it takes but playing twice a week isn't helping the athletes much.






Bookmarks