Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In Honor of Toby

My friends and I have been trying to think up a way to remember Toby, and to keep him with us at games. We decided on t-shirts that we can wear to each game, but hadn't come up with the perfect thing to put on them. After saying goodbye today to Tob's earthly body, I walked over to some flowers by his casket. I told myself and Toby this mornin, I'd be strong as a bull for him, Melissa, Mandy, and the entire family. When you walk up to blue and white flowers with a blue ribbon with the words "12th Man" on the ribbon, and on the card it reads "To our 12th man" with the state championship years as the signature, it'll bring any man to tears. Knowin how Toby loved Gate City High School, he loved cheering on the athletes, you were his little brothers and sisters.

So in sayin this, I think it's only right that our shirts read 12th man. With Toby's favorite saying on the back, and the name of the man who'll forever be the 12th man club's president. Toby Salyer. Everywhere we go, people will ask "who's Toby?". I'll be more than happy to tell them all about him. Thanks again to all that attended, and to all that helped Toby through the years with laughter, prayers, and just being his buddy. To Coach Colobro, I never thought I could respect you anymore until today. As well as the members of the team. If Toby was able to see any of this today, I can see that smirk and see him shakin that head. Proud of everything everyone did for him. Rest in peace buddy. I love you.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: In Honor of Toby

Good deal. I'll make it a point to come over on JJK's open week every year, and hang out with you guys-may have to have my friends at Impressions make me a red shirt that has something to the effect of in memory of Toby, the Ultimate LPD 12th man (he often sent words of encouragement to me and the folks from JJK through these rough times-he really supported us all, and had alot of respect for us, even if we weren't giving his Devils any competition) Here's an idea: His friends from here could do the same with their school colors-keep his memory alive throughout the whole state.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Inactive Member imported_broady's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GC_Quincy,
    When showed me that blue and white flowers with a blue ribbon with the words "12th Man" on the ribbon, it crushed me. I know in my heart that we are better people for knowing Tob. The t-shirt ideal is perfect.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    My friends and I have been trying to think up a way to remember Toby, and to keep him with us at games. We decided on t-shirts that we can wear to each game, but hadn't come up with the perfect thing to put on them. After saying goodbye today to Tob's earthly body, I walked over to some flowers by his casket. I told myself and Toby this mornin, I'd be strong as a bull for him, Melissa, Mandy, and the entire family. When you walk up to blue and white flowers with a blue ribbon with the words "12th Man" on the ribbon, and on the card it reads "To our 12th man" with the state championship years as the signature, it'll bring any man to tears. Knowin how Toby loved Gate City High School, he loved cheering on the athletes, you were his little brothers and sisters.

So in sayin this, I think it's only right that our shirts read 12th man. With Toby's favorite saying on the back, and the name of the man who'll forever be the 12th man club's president. Toby Salyer. Everywhere we go, people will ask "who's Toby?". I'll be more than happy to tell them all about him. Thanks again to all that attended, and to all that helped Toby through the years with laughter, prayers, and just being his buddy. To Coach Colobro, I never thought I could respect you anymore until today. As well as the members of the team. If Toby was able to see any of this today, I can see that smirk and see him shakin that head. Proud of everything everyone did for him. Rest in peace buddy. I love you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know when you will be having the shirts made and I will also purchace one. I will be proud to wear it at every game this fall!