Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Coaching Changes in the CD, LPD (Scott Co. Schools

You'll see a lot of new faces this year at Scott County schools, especially at RCHS. Two assistant football coaches, the head softball coach, Varsity boys track, varsity girls track, JV volleyball, and boys JV basketball coaches have all been canned.
    I especially hate it for the two football assistants. Since 1995, RC football has been District champs 7 times, the Region D runner-up twice, and Region D champ once. In the same period of time, RC has seen 4 head coaching changes. Other assistants have come and gone, but these two guys have been a mainstay. Its phenomenal, to say the least, that RC could have that kind of success in the midst of head-coaching changes, so the two assistants must have brought plenty to the program for it to not only survive, but to flourish!
    I just hope these changes don't adversely affect the kids, as the kids are what school sports is supposed to be about anyway.

Comments, PVVikeFan???????
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Coaching Changes in the CD, LPD (Scott Co. Sch

one thing is for sure...your boys' bball coach will be there for a good while
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There you go picking on me agaun UT1. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    What is the deal with the changes in the football staff?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumor has it this is his last year, by his own choice.
    But in the long run

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    There you go picking on me agaun UT1. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    What is the deal with the changes in the football staff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Politics. It has nothing to do with their coaching or their treatment of the kids, although one or two individuals would want everyone to think otherwise. They're masking it all up by saying they're adhering to "school system policy", a policy that has been in effect for decades, only it is now convenient to be used.
    Let's just say there are a lot more folks, taxpaying-voting folks, who are upset over it than are not.
    But in the long run

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im gonna have to agree with this one. I am a volunteer coach for the football team. I spoke with both of these coaches last week. One is pretty tore up about it because he loves these kids like his own children. The reason I started volunteering was because of these 2 fine people. These coaches have won the district 4 straight years, beat Twin Springs 10 straight years, made the playoffs 9 of those years. And all of this is because someone doesnt like these person that is coaching? To me that is just plain wrong.

Inactive Member imported_Just_wandering's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From what I understand, a girls team has to have a female on its coaching staff. Also, if a teacher in the system wants to coach and a staff has a person from the community as a coach then the teacher gets the job. A person can be a volunteer coach from the community and not be paid by the county if the school board approves that person. I think that the county is looking into the people who are volunteers and not just approving a list because a head coach wants a particular person as his/her assistant. UT1, I am sorry that you are loosing your position. I have heard a lot about you and Rye Cove will be losing someone who cares about their program as well as probably the other two high schools.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumor has it this is his last year, by his own choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just getting ready to say the same thing. I wish he would stay for a long time, but I cannot blame him for the reason he is thinking of stepping down. Wanting to be with his child is more important than coaching HS sports, and I respect him a ton for it. Although I would like to see him keep coaching at RC for many years to come.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've known that I served at the whim of administration ever since I've been there, so I have no problem with that. It would have been nice to know it before the season ended, so I could have at least told my girls about it and said my goodbyes.
    There are lots of other things going on that are not consistent with following policy that I'm aware of, but lets just leave it at that.
    I wish nothing but the best for the coaches coming onboard, and as ever my heart is with those kids at RCHS.
    But in the long run

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that's sad to hear

great player, even better coach...wonder who they'll get
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast