Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Coaching Changes in the CD, LPD (Scott Co. Sch

I don't know. Its still a year away. Maybe Bays would step in if this does happen. Reagan is a great guy, and it would be a big loss for the Cove.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

I don't have any horses in this. But i'll add a comment, i think it sucks, the way it was and has been handled.
    Just some one wanting to throw their power around.
    Some don't realize what having some of those volunteers around do. Not only for the programs but the kids. In some ways you take some one, that isn't a part of the all day stuff at a school. They have a little better prespective at times.
    And i can say that from being around many head coaches in the LPD. Some days they just need a break, and it's good to have someone, who is fresh from the grind of the school.
    And I can say that because i have put in over 20 some years, helping out as a coach, to just a person running down tapes. And repairing and preparing equipment.
    Not sure what is going on at some places lately. But some I think are hurting their kids and don't even know it.
    Kids look up to those, who are there for them. Not for the extra money. And believe me they know who is there for them and who isn't. Coaches, asst. coaches or volunteers.
    You don't think so. Ask some of them who is there and who isn't. Ask them who taught them, little things about the sport, things they needed to know.
    Some times those who aren't directly involved all the time, they can view it all. That is a big plus some times.
    Honestly, i think some administrators, are just to power hungry and too micro management orientied.
    Young and dumb i call it. Not yet wet behind the ears and understanding the little things about life.

Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Coaching Changes in the CD, LPD (Scott Co. Schools

Give us a few more details. Who are the football coaches you are referring to and where are they going?

Why is all this happening? Is it happening at other Scott Co. Schools?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The two coaches are Coach Robin Hood, and James Cobb. Coach Hood was the offensive coordinator, and Coach Cobb was the head JV coach. Both done a lot for the football program for a number of years, beginning with coaching the Little League programs before joining the high school staff. I don't know if either will be coaching elsewhere, although I would expect Hood to possibly do that. Hood is working on his degree so that he can teach though, and I wish him all the best.

I know they filled the positions with a fella I played ball against at TS, and someone from Appalachia. I don't know if they coached at Appy, or just played or what.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mike Castle will leave GC and go to TS for football and baseball coach.
    Lives of great men all remind us as their pages o'er we turn, that we're apt to leave behind us letters that we ought to burn.-----Anonymous

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That would be Adam Toney, and he played at Appy or PV and coached at Appy. He is gonna coach track, too.
    "One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Adam played for PV.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Was Bays' contract renewed at the end of this year? I saw on the Scott School Board Mts. that it was not. The mts said if he got all the teacher legal work completed by Aug. 10 that it would.
    Lives of great men all remind us as their pages o'er we turn, that we're apt to leave behind us letters that we ought to burn.-----Anonymous

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have no idea Houndman. I thought he had finished it, but maybe not. I had not checked the minutes, so I am out of the loop on that end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12