Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Nascar

I wouldn't allow Scientology in rooster fighting. With that being said, we're becoming a nation of walkin on egg shells with what you can say and shouldn't say. I think some forget we still have a little thing called "Freedom of Speech". Last time I checked it didn't say "freedom of speech, as long as it's ok with you and I won't hurt your feelings".
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nascar is a joke anymore, 99% of the people that I know who love Nascar are either A.) love it due to the partying/drinking at the track or B.) because it's the only sport left the white man has. Thats how they see it, and Nascar is messing up by not marketing more to them it's their fans accept it and move on. They've already lost their good ole boy image and stopped fighting on the track. I hate Nascar, used to love it but whenever you go to a race and have a cooler of beer spilt on you from some [censored] sitting above you it kind of makes it hard to go back. The year before that a guy, no joke used the bathroom on himself and you could see it through the back of his pants, the smell attracted bugs and was pretty disgusting.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

NASCAR died when they banned the hemi. Everybody runs the same engine? What a race.

Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What other sports do non-white's dominate % wise other than Football and Basketball?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Indeed, well said. NASCAR sucks.

I guess some people just can't get enough of watching sports cars drive in a circle about 50,000 times.
    Officially retired

Well I love NASCAR, and it's not for either of the reasons mentioned (although partying before races is fun). I just can't watch enough racing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Boxing, and maybe even baseball (along with the Latinos)
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would say baseball is about 33.3/33.3/33.3 between whites, blacks and latinos. Boxing is probably pretty close to the same with a slightly higher number of latinos than blacks and whites. The lightweight divisions are pretty much dominated by latinos and asians. The heavyweight division used to be dominated by blacks but is now predominantly European caucasians. I'm guessing the NFL is about 60/40 blacks being the 60. NBA is probably about 70/30. Just ballpark.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looking at the Top 4 Nascar, Baseball, Football, and Basketball I'd say Nascar is the only where it's mainly white. Football is African American, Baseball is Latino, and Basketball is African American.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I never really thought about until now but actually white or more accurately Caucasian people dominate the vast majority of sports in the U.S.

M.M.A., Judo, weight-lifting (both power and Olympic), Hockey, horse racing, tennis, golf, swimming, TKD, karate, wrestling (to a degree), diving, every so-called extreme sport, soccer, every motor sport, every water based sport, and I can actually think of dozens more but no need to go on.

I'd bet that if someone were to calculate the number of people getting paid for some sort of sports performance that the vast majority would be caucasian. That really kind of surprises me as I now realize it. I guess we all have a tendency towards thinking only of the big 3 in this regard.

I'm something of a boxing / wrestling historian. Boxing is and always has been dominated by wathever race was most maligned or disadvantaged at any given time. There was an era when jewish fighters dominated the sport for instance.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast