Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Willie Williams is gone

gotcha thanks
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On a brighter note,Shields qualified by the skin of his teeth. That pretty much means there was no way Hazelton or Parker for that matter would have qualified.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

not lookin forward to seeing Shields in Lane Stadium

IMO he was the best WR you got and on the same level as Hazelton
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Mega how are things going at the U.. i hope its a better season than last.. hate to hear bout willie leaving but oh well.. how is moss doing?.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ty is still working on rehab. After that he will have to lose some weight to get back to where he was last year. I have alot of confidence that he will do that just because he worked so hard to get in shape last year.

Im not sure if things will get better this season, still have offensive line problems but the offense should still be improved due to better qb play and getting the receivers the ball in the right positions for them to make plays. I foresee a 10-2 kinda year. Right tackle is the spot that they have to get fixed, its a mess.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BY BARRY JACKSON
    [email protected]

University of Miami sophomore Willie Williams, the nation's most highly recruited linebacker two years ago, has told coach Larry Coker he is interested in transferring, Coker said Tuesday.

Williams wants to go to a school where he has an opportunity to be a starter, according to a UM source and another person close to the situation.

Though Coker stopped short of saying Williams' decision is final, a UM official said Williams is seeking his release and his departure is considered very likely, barring a surprising change of heart. UM is expected to grant Williams' release once he picks a new school.

Asked to confirm if Williams had requested a transfer, Coker said, ''I am aware of Willie's interest in transferring, and whatever is best for Willie, I will be in favor of.'' Coker did not comment further.

Williams, a Carol City High graduate, was the only player who missed most of UM's voluntary offseason workouts.

He could not be reached for comment, and it was unclear where he would transfer. WQAM's Orlando Alzugaray, who reported rumors of Williams' interest in transferring, has mentioned Tennessee as a possible destination. However, a Big East source said Tuesday that West Virginia was a strong contender. Louisville also has been mentioned.

Williams would be required to sit out one season if he transfers to another Division I-A school.

Williams entered spring practice No. 2 on the depth chart at weak-side linebacker behind Jon Beason, who was considered UM's most productive linebacker last season. Williams then missed most of the spring drills because of a stomach virus.

On his spring tour of the state to address alumni, Coker told one audience he considered moving Beason to another linebacker position -- which would have created more playing time for Williams -- but his defensive coaches convinced him not to do that because Beason was so productive last season. Sophomore Spencer Adkins would be Beason's top backup if Williams leaves.

Tavares Gooden and Romeo Davis are competing at strong-side linebacker, and Glenn Cook and Darryl Sharpton are battling at middle linebacker.

"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think T Good, Beason, and Sharpton will be the starters. Sharpton is brilliant, very Jon Vilma like. If the DT's can keep guys off of him, he could have a huge year.

[ QUOTE ]
    Personally I wouldnt care if he got released to Florida State, at this point he couldnt shine Buster Davis's shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right he prolly wouldn't get much PT at FSU either, thier loaded at LB...

Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He mentioned Tennessee and Louisville as his favorites. Tennessee is loaded with linebackers, and they don't need the scum anyway.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fulmer said today in the KNS that they're not interested in W.W.

I wouldn't go off the deep end on the guy though, q. Since he's been in college he's stayed on the deans list and hasn't had any trouble what so ever. All his problems happened when he was a kid. I think the kid's cleaned up his act and is just looking for a place to get on the field.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast