Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: JJK

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member lpdwatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2006
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    JJK

    Friday was the only game I have been able to catch this season but it looks like Wise is back to the same old Wise. No defense, no offense, blowout. They had a chance to prove that they were better than the best two years. Granted they did beat Pound, in the mud, but I still don't see any difference. Seniors need to step up. I see no heart, time to step it up boys. Appy is no easy test, but you only have one problem and thats beating yourselves. You have been for three years, lets go red.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Glory_Days's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2003
    Posts
    963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JJK

    Kelly was beaten bad but I don't think this team is the kelly of the past. I heard several people from Norton say kelly was the hardest team they have faced. When one team has more athletes than the other, heart doesnt matter. Speed burns and so does experience. Kelly will win a few more before the end of the year.
    "To be the man, you've got to beat the man."

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JJK

    nice to get on here with your first post and down your school and your kids.
    People need to face facts that Burton is one of the upper programs in Region D and that Kelly just isn't to that level yet. Being a Burton fan I had to sit on the Kelly side because of lack of seating. Listening to the Kelly fans make statements like "I don't know how we won last week" just shows the short-sitedness of the fans. Kelly's program is on the rise but you don't go from bottom to top over-night. you progress and right now Kelly can win against the Pounds, Couburn's and St. Pauls. They will need to take another step to compete with the Burton's , PV's and GC's of the area. Just like when Burton beat Appy, it was "Appy doesnt play with pride and heart" but after they beat Clintwood it was "the Pride is back". Burton is right now one of the top teams and if you are a good team they can make you look worse than you are.
    You can not go by win and loss in looking for improvement's. The team is playing with more heart this year than the last 2 but if the so called fans just run them down over and over again what do you think that will do?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Big_AL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    767
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JJK

    could not said it any better myself starbuck
    "Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself"...Ole Tob

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JJK

    Very good post.
    As for the fans saying they don't know how they won, that is B.S. Our boys won at Pound because they EARNED it. Any LPD win you EARN. We were the better team Friday night at Pound. Norton is going to thump alot of folks. The Raiders have weapons that the rest of the league doesn't. When you can 47-0 at Appy, you have to be reckoned with.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: JJK

    Go to a practice and thump a few of them. Or go to JIB and get Jimbo to let you chase a few of his. They need that also. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: JJK

    [ QUOTE ]
    Just like then Burton beat Appy, it was "Appy doesnt play with pride and heart" but after they beat Clintwood it was "the Pride is back".

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Excuse me. I don't think no one said Burton was a bad team. It was the performance of Appy, that bothered me and many others.
    And not just the Burton game but also the Rye Cove game.
    We all know Burton is a good team right now. How could they not be with about 15 holdbacks?
    If you want to slam a few facts out there.
    And no with just the win over Clintwood nothing is said that Appy, is where they need to be or things are fine. They just played the kind of football most expected against Clintwood.
    But you know i also said in a post that is on here archived that Burton in 4-5 years would be a team to reckon with.
    I had seen their JV team back then and i knew the plans to hold as many back as possible.
    GC get's slammed on this forum for this, but i guess since it's defenseless Burton it is ok.
    The only problem i have seen with Burton, is a bit of arrogancy over the success. And a little to much mouth talking on the field by a few players.
    But that can end to. And it will in another year. Most of those holdbacks will be gone.
    And personally i'd rather see Appy retain where it has always been. Than be there and lose it, and get a few good years, like some, and it go to their heads.
    As far as fans. There is fans and then there is the bandwagon bunch. I can remember those also being at Burton year after year. Yeah it's nice when it's good. But when it's bad you have those fans you mentioned above. To me i'd rather have the once who care and are in it for the long haul.
    Anyone remember any like that? That set through the good and the bad. I do i have one reason years ago we figure never put a limit on heart and detemination. Cause that bunch you don't expect to do anything. Well they may suprise you.
    And read the last part of the post. It said let's go red. Which i figure is Kelly.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member lpdwatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2006
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JJK

    Yes I did down the kids, am I sorry for it in ways, yes. In other ways, no. I'm glad they earned an LPD win in pound a couple of weeks ago, but a couple of weeks ago is over. They got beat by the better team, but i do think they could have played with a little more intensity. Frustration is apparent obviously. My nephew was on the 0-10 team, and I understand just how tough it has been. I know most of the Kelly faithful thinks the same thing. But they are 1-2, i guess you can make a case that they are already as good as last year. But, they have a big stretch of games coming up that is going to determine the rest of the season, and the seasons after for moral and motivation. I've heard from alot that Appy is much better than Kelly right now, I've heard otherwise. I've heard Rye Cove in a couple of weeks will prove to be a tough test as well. My motivation tactics were not what they should have been, and I apologize. But I talk to some of the kids, a couple of them being seniors. This is one of the biggest times of those seniors lives. They want a winning season, stop talking and go out and do it. Id love for them to beat Appy(much respect to the community, nothing against them.) Id love for them to take Rye Cove down at Homecoming this year, but the big thing is they have to step up if they hope to get these next few wins and establish momentum. Not just for wins, but for the LPD, and maybe even a playoff berth also. I just hope not only these seniors but the other kids want it as bad as some of us fans do. Talent burns alot of things, yes, but these boys got to want it inside their souls. I hope they do.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JJK

    Why is it everytime a team does well it is because of the holdbacks. No matter who it is winning year in or year it is because of the "HOLDBACKS". If Kelly, Pound or Clintwood where the ones winning and playing for the LPD crown would the word holdback be brought up. Yeah it probably would. Right now Burton has a great run of athletes coming through the program. Just GC did a few years ago or Appy and PV did in the 90's. It's a cycle thing. I'm sure in a few years Burton will be in the middle of the pack, but give them some respect. As for the fans goes. Every team has true diehard fans and fairweather fans. When a team is winning year in and year out everyone and thier uncle jed comes out. But when they start losing then everyone quits going except for the few true fans. I think football games now are more of a socail gathering then anything else. More times then not you will see more people shooting the [censored] then cheering on their team. IMO anyways. Don't get me wrong I like to shoot the [censored] as much as the next guy but I am watching the game first. Maybe for some people its hard to talk and watch at the same time lol.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  10. #10
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JJK

    Burton is not the only team to have holdbacks. To say they only win because they have them is hilarious. Burton was just the better team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •