Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Da Boys / Deadskins

Well, I only missed it by 3. Dallas by 17... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    Why do we get so wrapped up in grown men who probably woudn't even spit on us if we were on fire? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess because we love the game. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'll just be honest though - I actually prefer to watch varsity football over both NCAA and NFL! I don't know why either.. I guess because the players are local and I'm more familiar with them and such and it's easier to keep up with the standings, etc.

But then again.. Varsity, NCAA, or NFL .. it's all good! And the one thing to remember is that football > all. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    Without Portis the skins will have a tough time against Dallas' Defense. The only thing that concerns me is the OLine for Dallas. Wheather it be Bledsoe or Romo, the line will need to at thier best tonight. Anyways Dallas wins by 17.

Dallas 31
    Skins 14

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang I was on it lol.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

It just looked like to me he was trigger shy and afraid to throw it down the field. At some point you've got to try to fit it in to a guy. 3 yard dump off only go so far (about 3-10 yards).

I've never kept up with Brunell much. How does the O not suit him? Are they asking him to do something he can't? Again, I'm not familiar enough with him to know his strengths and weakeness.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The reason Brunell did bad tonight is because the Dallas D ripped him apart...Dallas's D this year is probably the best they've had in years...This game shows you what they can do when they're rolling on all cylinders...scary isn't it?
    "The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary." -Vince Lombardi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All's right in the world. Dallas beats da Skins and life is good!
    dal

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]

I've never kept up with Brunell much. How does the O not suit him? Are they asking him to do something he can't? Again, I'm not familiar enough with him to know his strengths and weakeness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.. from what I saw tonight it looked like a combination of bad decisions and lack of good blocking.. how many times was he sacked?

And GC_24_HS_24, you're right, the Cowboys Defense looked amazing tonight.
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i liked that direct quote from the madden game. very nice touch.
    Cant we all just get along?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    I dont have a horse in this race, but....

WASH is a QB away from a potent offense. They have plenty of skill guys. Brunell has offically deteriorated into one of the worst QB's in the league.

*sigh* i wish favre had brunell's cast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Skins are a good QB, and good OL from being decent. They need some DB's as well.

I will definitely take that win, and hopefully TO's hand heals in time for the Philly game.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Brunell's arm is not strong enough to run the O. When he was his best was when he was mobile and able to whip the ball to Jimmy Smith or Keenan McCardell back in his earlier Jags days. The Redskins have small receivers, they are speed guys, hitting seems and the pass has to take advantage of that. They're not the big physical receivers who are going to go up in coverage and make plays with 2 guys hanging on them.

Like the interception Roy Williams got on about the 1. Receiver was open, but the ball didn't get there, it hung up there, and floated a bit, and Williams was quick enough to make a great play on it. A pass with some zip on it is 6.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast