Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Black Raiders-Greenwave

I agree with most of the other posters in this thread .. Burton should have no trouble taking down Clintwood.

I'm guessing Burton with 40 or more points and Clintwood with 21 or less.
    Officially retired

Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I value your opinion the most!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since when does predicting a win over Burton make Clintwood world beaters? Yes Burton has probably one of the better teams in the state right now, but they are nothing special in the overall perspective as far as Im concerned. Its still just Norton, the team that Clintwood will beat 8 out of 10 times. The only team that Norton has beaten thus far is Appy. PV was WAY overrated. Norton might beat us by 50, but next year and the year after, it will still be just Norton to me. Not impressed in the least.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

-Teddy Roosevelt

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    Its still just Norton, the team that Clintwood will beat 8 out of 10 times. The only team that Norton has beaten thus far is Appy.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I'll take that bet anyday. Who has CW beat? Oh yeah, thats right...no one! It's funny how you have downed them all year and all of a sudden they pull a few wins together and next thing you know they are world beaters. You and Burrhead might want to get a bottle of liquor next friday night because, trust me, its going to be a looooooooong night. And as far as the next couple of years, I wouldn't get your hopes up about Burton being down. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok. I have to say that this is just a disresprectful opinion of Norton, to say oh it's still just Norton and yeah they may be good this year but they are nothing special .

Norton is a very good team this year, and they didn't get here by fluke or chance. Clintwood may want to thump their chests and say it's just a team Clintwood will beat 8 out of 10 times, and they may have been so in the past, but maybe the "times are a changin'." There was a time when Clintwood dominated Haysi so bad that it was just a joke to see them play. Now, in the last three years, Haysi has handed them their butts and won a Region D Championship in the process.

I think it's great to have pride in your own team. Clintwood has come a long way this year and deserves some respect. But, minimizing the accomplisments of other teams doesn't make you a better team.

[ QUOTE ]
    Since when does predicting a win over Burton make Clintwood world beaters? Yes Burton has probably one of the better teams in the state right now, but they are nothing special in the overall perspective as far as Im concerned. Its still just Norton, the team that Clintwood will beat 8 out of 10 times. The only team that Norton has beaten thus far is Appy. PV was WAY overrated. Norton might beat us by 50, but next year and the year after, it will still be just Norton to me. Not impressed in the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I never claimed that Clintwood had beaten anybody great or had done anything great yet this season. My issue is that its not a stretch for someone to predict us to win against Burton. I could care less what they have done or how good they are this season, its just JI Burton, the team that does nothing but run their mouth each season. I never have and never will go into a game with JI Burton and think that we can't win, its just how it is, they are no where near the calibur of program that PV and GC are. Burton has maybe 1 or 2 years every now and then when they can beat us, PV, and GC and thats it. So all of a sudden Burton is a world beater becuase they have beaten Castlewood, Pound and Rye Cove by 40 points? Clintwood is not real good this year I dont care to admit it, but to say that we cant beat Burton, is a joke. I dont think anyone is nearly as scared of Norton as you all would like to think. Like I said, Im not impressed at all.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

-Teddy Roosevelt

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have seen Clintwood and Norton play this year, and I agree with the majority of posters on here... if Clintwood wins it will be a genuine upset. It doesn't mean that it can't happen. But realistically, Clintwood could be getting a rude awakening this Friday. From some of the comments made on here and some I've heard people making, it sounds like egos are swelling in Clintwood.

As far as putting down Norton, that is a big mistake. This is not a typical Norton team by any means. In fact, this may be the best Norton team I've seen in several years. I wouldn't make the mistake of judging this team or any other team by how good or how bad they were in the past. I certainly won't predict that Norton won't have some very good teams in the next few years.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"There was a time when Clintwood dominated Haysi so bad that it was just a joke to see them play. Now, in the last three years"

Gotta go back a quarter of a century or so for those days...with all due respect Clintwood's dominance of Norton has been a bit more recent...but I agree overrall with what you are saying.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i dunno whos gonna win but i really hope clintwood beats the crap out of this cocky bunch of something that im not gonna write on here.
    You don't have to win it, just don't lose it.

Inactive Member imported_beanpillow9's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's important to remember that the people trash talking about this game DO NOT play. Players from both teams know what their in for...a typical hard fought LPD game.

Norton will not take Clintwood lightly, and Clintwood does not fear Norton's current reputation. The best team on that particular Friday will win.

Swelled egos will not dictate the outcome of the game...although it does overwhelm the content of this board.
    "I dig beer. I dig pork. I dig sports."