Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Rutgers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member jake_norris's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2006
    Posts
    256
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Rutgers

    Does Rutgers have a legitimate shot at playing for a national title if they win out?

    It seem the USC loss would make them the top undefeated to play the Ohio State/Michigan winner in the title game.
    National Finals Rodeo, starts November 30th

  2. #2
    Inactive Member timmy_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2005
    Posts
    1,586
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rutgers

    I wouldnt say that they are the top undefeated team Louisville and West Virginia are still undefeated. So id say the winner of tonights game between them is the top undefeated team besides michigan and ohio state.
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." -Pre

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jake_norris's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2006
    Posts
    256
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rutgers

    What I meant is if Rutgers beats WVa and Louisville. Sorry should have clarified that.
    National Finals Rodeo, starts November 30th

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Rutgers

    In theory, I guess. In reality, I'm guessing most people (by this I mean voters in poles that factor into the BCS), wouldnt give them the shot. The same applies to Boise State. I think they're undefeated also. But even if they win out and there is only one other undefeated, they dont have a snowballs chance. Too much elitism and money coming in from the mega-conferences. Which I can't say I blame them; someone like Rutgers or Boise would probably lose 2 or 3 times in a conference like the SEC. But I would love to see teams like that at least have a shot and try their luck. *coughPLAYOFFcough*

    As a former player, I feel like it's pretty messed up to tell a team, "Yeah, you won all your games, but you dont even have an opportunity to play it out on the field." I know as a player, you're sitting there thinking "What the hell to they want out of us?!?! We did what we were supposed to!"

    Honestly, Rutgers vs OSU/Mich would be a lame blowout game. Something like a 1-loss SEC team would be a much better game. But I would completely sympathize with someone like Rutgers if they were to go undefeated. A playoff would just make everything much simpler. No formulas, no politics, just football.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rutgers

    Rutgers is absolutly terrible. It doesnt say alot when your biggest win all season is against Pitt. Rutgers has deserved alot of praise, lord knows anybody that can be 8-0 at Rutgers can coach, but their schedule would make Bill Snyder very proud.

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Rutgers

    That's very true. But hypothetically, if they were to beat Lville and WVU (which they would have to do to go undefeated), I think that would strengthen their claim. I don't think that will happen, but my point is that an undefeated team from a major conference (which i think the Big East is) has earned a right to play things out.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rutgers

    I'd be shocked if Rutgers stayed within 14 of Louisville or WV either one. Barring a letdown, the Cards will smack Rutgers.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •