Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: An amazing sight....

An amazing sight....

On my way back from a trip into Kentucky, I stopped off for some gas in good ole Pound and when I went in to pay for my gas and nice Diet Coke, what do I see on the counter!?
    A petition for the immediate removal of the Pound High School football caoching staff by the tax payers of Pound. I was in awe of this. Anyone from Pound want to explain whats the deal? Im shocked with the balls to do this, with the graduation and the injuries Pound went through, to win the games they actually won was pretty impressive. beating a league champion and a team thats in the playoffs in 2 weeks. I guess thats loyalty for you, good luck finding somone who would want that job.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: An amazing sight....

This disgust's me! Anyone who signs off on this loses all my respect.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well this is history repeating in pound. The did this to Wayjne Leftwitch, Rich Wilson (who deserved it" the list goes on and on. But in this situation, I think its justified, in the last 3 years, Pound had some great talent, and most of the faily close games they lost, they were out-coached. I think you can go back in history and not find a pound team near that talented, with a losing record. Some of the dumb plays I have seen pound coaches call the last 3 years were jokes. I for one would gladly sign the petition, if I lived in the 16 ounce city!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think this is what needs to be done.We had a team with talent this year and the coaches didn't know what to do with it.Some of our guys were playing out of position and the coaches do not teach the fact that you have to practice to play.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

Inactive Member imported_six4three's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    I think this is what needs to be done.

[/ QUOTE ] you have absolutely got to be kidding.

who do you think is going to take the job?.....absolutely no one. who are going to be the assistant coaches? nobody, they had to literally beg the guys that are coaching now to do it, and you have to get somebody off the streets to coach your jv teams.

you should be thankful that you have a young man of coach mullin's character leading your kids.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They will probably have a shot at getting Greg from Coeburn and he will bring a couple of assistants with him that are from pound as well. Then we will be the ones wondering where a new coach will come from. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If I were involved with the high schools in some way, I myself would apply for the head coaching position at Pound. Also, I would gladly be an assistant coach at Pound.
    But I'm going to agree with above post that Pound has had some really great talent on the past couple teams, and they have just been out-coached. Offensive coordinator is a joke. Jason Mullins, the head-coach, is a good guy. Great morals, etc, but he's not tough enough as a coach.
    So hopefully this off-season, they get everything worked out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    and the coaches do not teach the fact that you have to practice to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

that should be understood, a coach should not have to beg to get a kid to practice. you can have all the talent in the world, and if the kids dont want to make a team out of it it wont matter. (ie. New York Yankees)
    Cant we all just get along?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As unjustified as it may seem to some people, if a team, parents, and the community as a whole does not have confidence in a coaching staff to support them, then it should not even come down the point of needing a petition. The coaching staff should resign. After all, what can be gained for the team, the school, the community, or the coaches personally if they remain in positions where they aren't wanted? Are the coaches going to take a stand, saying "we're not going anywhere, and you want a team then you just have to deal with it?" What kind of response do you think that would bring?

We have all seen situations where groups of people have forced coaches out of schools in our area. Regardless of who is right or wrong, when you reach that point, something has to change. In the same respect that a "house divided cannot stand," a team cannot succeed when there is division and conflict.

So who would take their places? When Saunders was ousted at Wise, I thought the same thing. Who in their right mind would take on that coaching position. Yet, someone stepped up. Obviously, the problems aren't all resolved, but getting better. Last year, I saw a JJ Kelly player walk off the field and quit in the middle of a game. This year, the team played more like a team than they have in a long time.

I don't like seeing any coach removed from a team unless what he is doing is detrimental to the players and placing their health and safety at risk. But, ultimately this issue has to be decided by the school and community in Pound. Those of us from other towns and schools can sit back and say, "what a shame," but it's not our school, our team, or our fight.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll throw my 2 cents in.

While I agree that some changes might not hurt (the OC has came up repeatedly in the past), I also think there is some people blowing a bit too much smoke up in Pound.

An honest comment I heard late in the year.

"There is no way Pound should be struggling so much, they have 5 kids who are division 1 prospects"

Guys, girls...they have a few kids on there who are talented but ...no absolutely freaking way do they have 5 D1 prospects. Me thinks we're going back to seeing Pound be very good in youth sports, and people thinking that has to translate over. Me thinks that you have some of those great youth players who hear how good they are and become uncoachable or don't improve.

Make some changes in the coaching staff, that's fine. The OC should realize how much criticism they are getting and resign or go to coach receivers or something, but you have a good coach, a fine person as a head coach and that should be something, and should mean something. Honestly until you stop making bragging so much about winning the embryo league, it's never going to get better. Be proud in their youth accomlishments, but don't sell their souls to do it.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast