In a conversation with my brother the other night, we got to talking about NFLers who always played with fire in their eyes...Mike Singletary, Dick Butkus, Jam Lamert, etc. I don't see that today. Does anyone see it or is it missing?
In a conversation with my brother the other night, we got to talking about NFLers who always played with fire in their eyes...Mike Singletary, Dick Butkus, Jam Lamert, etc. I don't see that today. Does anyone see it or is it missing?
Zach Thomas. The best 5'4 linebacker to ever play the game. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Brian Urlacher and Zach Thomas IMO play with that same kind of fire.
Also I am not trying to be a smart butt, Who is Jam Lamert? Did you mean Jack Lambert....
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
Ray Lewis and Jevon Kearse in his hay day.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
Yep, that's him...one day I'll learn to proof before posting!
lets add Joey Porter and Troy P ( however you spell that last name) from the Steelers. There are a lot more, you just don't see the highlights of them yet but maybe one day. A few you knew when you watched them week end and week out that they were one of the all time greats. Some just play with fire and have worked themselves into pro-bowl type players. Hines Ward would be one of those guys
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Romanowski
"i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"
although he has a bad attitude i would say jeremy shockey...he wants the ball and wants to win even though he has one of the most overrated coach and quarterback in the league
2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31
R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
"Damn good dog!"
Bill Romanowski... without a doubt
[IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1842/rustysig.jpg[/IMG]
Chuck Cecil. His wicked hits ultimately cost him his career.
And shame on us all for not adding Ronnie Lott. The man was told that he could not play in regular season with those screwed up tendons in his finger. He said he was playing, and the doc said "Only way you're playing is if I amputate that finger". Lott said "Do what you have to do". His left pinky finger was amputated because he did not want to risk missing football games. Steve Atwater from Denver was another intense individual. Dan Hampton was a beast as well. 16 knee surgeries, and 4 hrs of ice before and after each practice/game just for the chance to pancake somebody. Larry Csonka. They asked Leroy Jordan who was the toughest player to tackle and he said Zonk would rip your f-ing arm off. The man believed his job was to punish defenders. Geez-there were so many good ones. In this day though, I'd have to say Thomas and Urlacher along with Indy's Bob Sanders. He is reckless with his body, which may shorten his career, but he will chill your [censored]. Gotta mention a QB too-Dan the Man Marino. You could see the intensity in those blues and when he was going ballistic on Clayton, Duper, or some other WR who dropped one of his 125mph lazers.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Bookmarks