Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Burton Boys will take down the Devils toni

I thought the same thing until I watched Norton playing in the last few games. I think they've definitely separated themselves from the rest of the district.

The thing about last night's win over Gate City is that it wasn't a fluke. If GC and JIB played a series of 10 games, I think they might very well split it 5-5.

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a feeling your prediction will be upset by JIB not even making the regional tourney. The LPD is so evenly matched with no one really sticking their head up above anyone else, other than GC for the most part.

I know JIB has a history of winning the LPD tourney, but I just have a feeling this will not be the year. Who knows though, its all a guess at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will say that i see your points tornado, and maybe I seen a different Burton Team that night, but I can only call them like I see them...Tyler Estep Dominated the Burton big guys, if they play to that form they will have trouble cause CW has 2 bigguns that are much more skilled down low than is Estep. Castlewood has been playing down until last night, so there might be a chance there...I don't know about the gaurd pressure, Patrick Fisher is one of the premier ball handling guards in Region D, it will be hard to force him into errors...And god knows The Springs has absolutely no ball handler unless Dockery is playing point(which he didn't against burton)and I don't recall Burton makin them turn it over hardly any...Fisher is very good, and always has 4 good helpers on the floor, Burton will be hard pressed to get many turn overs from him...
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]

Inactive Member imported_BleedingBlue's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    Castlewood has Justice and McRoberts...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish Castlewood had McRoberts!! Josh McRoberts that is.. It's McReynolds.. Brad McReynolds.. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hahaha yeah... I'm still thinking about the Duke/Carolina game last night. I knew what I wanted to say... just the wrong person came out. As for Fisher being a premier ballhandler.... I'm not going to say that. He can handle the pressure decent but if you want to talk of premier ball handlers that have come from the Cumberland... the best one I think now is Adam Hood because he plays a huge role in having to get the ball to his teammates... if Fisher was in the role Hood was... he would not be so comfortable. If you really want to talk about premier ballhandlers... you talk about Jason Bishop, Stacy Ervin and Matt Bays... now we are talking premier.
    UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can agree there with you TW. I actually felt like Bays was the key guy at TS in controlling the flow of their game. He set Stacy up so well, and allowed Stacy to move around and create an opening for his shots.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't say all time ball handlers, i'm talkin right now, and I said "one of" meaning I also think Hood is better, probably along with Doc, but Fisher is #3IMHO, another words Fisher is better than anyone Burton seen last night...
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Saw where Hackney only had 4 points...Who did such a great job on him or did the Raiders just play zone all night?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jaycob Coleman played man against him the whole night...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was at the game and GC was not getting any calls. We missed a lot of shots but the refs we're REALLY bad in my opinion. But it was a great game and a down to the wire game and it was exciting but I think that GC can pull it off in the LPD tournament.
    "The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary." -Vince Lombardi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    I was at the game and GC was not getting any calls. We missed a lot of shots but the refs we're REALLY bad in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone on the LPD Forum complaining about the refs in a loss???? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] No way.