Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Burton Boys will take down the Devils tonight

adam

Re: The Burton Boys will take down the Devils toni

Oh well im living in the present not the past and jus because the "GREAT" Gate City went down tonight erryone from there is going to say "Well we have 6 titles" who cares J.I.B. has just over 200 students GC has over 600 and we beat ya'll in Football and Basketball... and Coach wison has 520 sum wins...whats GC coach have???ok!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

and everyone from the forum gives you this cardboard cookie! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok let's break that down...you're 1-1 against Gate City, and if you're a senior and played all four years, you're 1-8...about football, if i gave a crap about high school football i'd point out that you beat the worst gate city football team in at least the past decade

boo hoo, "we only have 200 students" you only need 5 kids to play

is "520" Stan's # of wins? his age? or the number of packs he smokes per week?

c'mon Coach Wilson is what? 70? id guess he started coaching at 30, so that's 40 years of coaching, that's 14 wins per year...Coach Vermillion is 32, he's been at GC 4 years and already has 100 wins at Gate City alone...which means if he keeps up that trend he'll reach 520 at age 48 only 22 years before Stan did

so like i said before...have fun with your one win, live it up, you earned it tonight...but let's keep it in perspective
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does your mother know you're up this late?
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

adam

Ok like i said who cares if its GC's worst football team in a effing decade and who cares if im 1-8 to gatecity or if im 1-1 your just pissed because Burton got the best of GC tonight and if we played each other 10 more times i dont know who would win but the fact is we WON and you cant swollow your pride and take a lose like a man and if your in high school or graduated you should mature a little and accept that we won and you all lost i give all the creidt in the world to the GC players they are a heck of a team and if yall won i wouldnt say any different... so why dont yah grow up and stop ragging on burton??? And on the comments on Stan Wilson he is the best coach in the LPD and and noone cares how many win GC's coach can get the fact of the matter He is still over 400 wins behind coach wilson and one of them was tonight!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that may be the most nonsense ive seen in a post that wasn't authored by Chubz

for the 20th time, enjoy your win, you earned it...go to bed...your momma has laid your clothes out for ya in the morning, don't forget your lunch money
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    that may be the most nonsense ive seen in a post that wasn't authored by Chubz

[/ QUOTE ]

I respected you and had a reasonable debate with you about the Marcus/Michael Vick ordeal, so I ask that you please have the same respect for me. That's all I ask - nothing more.
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heard tonight from people associated with the GC team that Burton totally dominated the boards in the 1st Half. GC came out kind of flat and Burton outboarded them 25-6 in the 1st Half. Word also was that GC got killed on the offensive boards as well getting outboarded 12-1 in the 1st Half. The people also said that there must have been a fired up pep talk in lockerroom because the Devils came out more spirited in the second half and turned a 10 point halftime deficit into a 22-3 run before Coach Wilson decided to call time out in the 3rd Qtr. The only thing that prevented GC from winning this game was 10 crucial 4th Qtr. turnovers in the final 5 minutes of the game as a result of careless passing and losing track of time left on the clock. Stats were courtesy of someone who was close to a reporter there at the game covering it from the GC fan side. The main point you have to remember is that Burton's player had every right to hang their head and let GC's huge run destroy them but evidently the players fought and kept their head in what was going on.
    I did also hear that the referees definitely let them play more than what they usually do the last few minutes of the game. But... congratulations to the J.I. Burton Raiders. If they are the #2 seed out of the LPD...... they could be the very ones that could upset the Castlewood Blue Devils in the tournament. They have that capability this year especially with their guard play.

I'll make a prediction right here.....

LPD #2 - J.I. Burton vs. BDD #2 - Honaker
    Winner: J.I. Burton

LPD #1 - Gate City vs. CD #2 Rye Cove
    Winner: Gate City

CD #1 Castlewood vs. LPD #2 J.I. Burton
    LPD #1 Gate City vs. BDD #1 Twin Valley

Region D Tournament Final
    LPD #1 Gate City vs. LPD #2 J.I. Burton

You may laugh at this... but nearly 10 years ago... the Raiders pulled off the upset of the decade by defeating a Twin Springs team ranked #1 in Southwest Virginia and already predicted to be the Region D team to advance to the State Finals no less.... and they were also led by state all-time scoring leader Stacy Ervin.
    Result... J.I. Burton defeated Twin Springs and were led by then point guard and present assistant coach Doug Campbell. Trust me.. this may be a joke to some people.. but come Region D Tournament time... you would be surprised at the crazy things that could happen. I for one think it very well could.
    UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This was probably the best LPD game I've seen in a long time. I honestly thought Gate City would get the win in a very close game, but credit here has to go to a very good Norton team who has proved themselves over and over this season.

Earlier in the season, I made a post, asking the question, "how good will Norton be in basketball?" The consensus of many was that they will have a "decent" team but nothing more. The fact is Norton has two of the best players in the district in the Colemans.

Gate City is still in my opinion the best team in the LPD, but they're not playing very good ball right now. Early in the season, the Devils were relying on Tihlee to carry the team, and last night, I saw a lot of the same. If you look back at the games against Lee High, Dobyns Bennett, and in the Arby's Classic, GC struggled. Somewhere along the way, Hackney, Salyers, and Bays really started playing ball and the Devils were building momentum and getting really good. I'm sure some will disagree, but it seems to me that Gate City has reverted somewhat back to the team they were in December.

Will Gate City be upset in the LPD tournament? I think it depends on which Gate City team shows up. But, make no mistake about it, last night's game was as good as it gets in the LPD right now. And any team that looks past JI Burton is making a big mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
    Heard tonight from people associated with the GC team that Burton totally dominated the boards in the 1st Half. GC came out kind of flat and Burton outboarded them 25-6 in the 1st Half. Word also was that GC got killed on the offensive boards as well getting outboarded 12-1 in the 1st Half. The people also said that there must have been a fired up pep talk in lockerroom because the Devils came out more spirited in the second half and turned a 10 point halftime deficit into a 22-3 run before Coach Wilson decided to call time out in the 3rd Qtr. The only thing that prevented GC from winning this game was 10 crucial 4th Qtr. turnovers in the final 5 minutes of the game as a result of careless passing and losing track of time left on the clock. Stats were courtesy of someone who was close to a reporter there at the game covering it from the GC fan side. The main point you have to remember is that Burton's player had every right to hang their head and let GC's huge run destroy them but evidently the players fought and kept their head in what was going on.
    I did also hear that the referees definitely let them play more than what they usually do the last few minutes of the game. But... congratulations to the J.I. Burton Raiders. If they are the #2 seed out of the LPD...... they could be the very ones that could upset the Castlewood Blue Devils in the tournament. They have that capability this year especially with their guard play.

[/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

Inactive Member imported_six4three's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    Gate City is still in my opinion the best team in the LPD, but they're not playing very good ball right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
    seems like you haven't been keeping up with the devils. gate city has been playing very good ball of late, averaging over 80 points a game, defeating opponents by an average margin of +30. that's why virtually no one outside of norton gave the raiders a chance last night.

burton is a tough place to play, and give the raiders credit. these guys are good athletes that have experienced success in football and have some mental and physical toughness. they must have played a heck of a game. gc will bounce back. hackney scoring only 4 points last night had to be the key component of the game.