Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Burton Boys will take down the Devils toni

Nothing wrong with enjoying the victory, especially after being ridiculed for dare saying that Norton could win it.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On the contrary, I've probably watched Gate City play more this year than any other team in the LPD. I'm not taking away from Gate City. As I said, I think they are the best team in the district. But, in the recent games I've seen, they haven't played nearly as well. I'll go back to a game a few weeks back between Gate City and Clintwood. The Devils really struggled to get any kind of momentum going in the first half. In fact, I think the score was tied at the half. Gate City should have had the game put away at halftime.

Did you see the game last night? In the first quarter, the Devils couldn't get any offense going. Norton was outscoring them something like 12-0 for a pretty good stretch there. And it wasn't just Hackney who was off his game last night.

You're right that Gate City has been dominate over every other team in the LPD. But, in all fairness, the LPD doesn't have the strongest competition in basketball. I expect that Gate City will be representing the LPD in the Region D tournament. Now, I have to wonder, if Norton can beat them, how well will they do against the #1 or #2 Cumberland or even the #1 BDD.

My point is that Gate City is a very good team, but they're not playing up to their potential right now.

[ QUOTE ]
    seems like you haven't been keeping up with the devils. gate city has been playing very good ball of late, averaging over 80 points a game, defeating opponents by an average margin of +30. that's why virtually no one outside of norton gave the raiders a chance last night.

burton is a tough place to play, and give the raiders credit. these guys are good athletes that have experienced success in football and have some mental and physical toughness. they must have played a heck of a game. gc will bounce back. hackney scoring only 4 points last night had to be the key component of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

for the guy with the Tourny predictions....First off have you seen Castlewood play????Just curious after reading those predictions...Rye Cove isn't the #2 seed yet in the Cumberland, but GC won't have the cake walk your planning with whoever it is, Twin Springs crushed Burton, I was there,and the sad part was TS played a horrible game, If it had of been Castlewood, they would have beatin Burton by 50..My prediction is the LPD will be lucky to get one ticket out of the Region D tourny, very lucky...
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whoa there fella! The man's just giving his opinions, no need to attack his beliefs while you express your own! That's what makes this an INTERNET MESSAGEBOARD! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Agreed it was why a forum was started, to express ones opinions.
    [img]http://www.bristolvaschools.org/vhs/images/bearcat.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No doubt the Cumberland District is the strongest in the Region. But, in all fairness, JI Burton is not the same team who lost to Twin Springs early in the season. JIB has come a long way since then! If TS and JIB played again tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised to see a different outcome.

There's no doubt too that Castlewood is the best team in the Region, but I don't think they are unbeatable. I've seen Gate City play at their best this season. I also saw Twin Valley play a couple of weeks ago, and they looked very good. I think we're going to have a good Region D tournament. And for some odd reason, I keep getting this feeling that we're going to see at least one upset during the tournament.

[ QUOTE ]
    for the guy with the Tourny predictions....First off have you seen Castlewood play????Just curious after reading those predictions...Rye Cove isn't the #2 seed yet in the Cumberland, but GC won't have the cake walk your planning with whoever it is, Twin Springs crushed Burton, I was there,and the sad part was TS played a horrible game, If it had of been Castlewood, they would have beatin Burton by 50..My prediction is the LPD will be lucky to get one ticket out of the Region D tourny, very lucky...

[/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yea i thought that is what a message board is... a place to discuss different views.....I disagree with his prediction, I thought that is what a "DISCUSION" board?????? It wasn't a personal slam, I could understand if i was talkin about his mom or somethin.....Lighten up a little
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a feeling your prediction will be upset by JIB not even making the regional tourney. The LPD is so evenly matched with no one really sticking their head up above anyone else, other than GC for the most part.

I know JIB has a history of winning the LPD tourney, but I just have a feeling this will not be the year. Who knows though, its all a guess at this point.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First off I have seen Castlewood play. They do have a really good squad.. but Burton is a wolf in sheeps clothing. I would put the Colemans up against Castlewood's guards any day of the week. Here would be my keys for Norton defeating Castlewood providing that Norton comes out of the LPD with the #2 seed and right now I would be totally shocked if they didnt.

Keys to defeating Castlewood:
    1. Battle of the Backcourts - J.I. Burton has athleticism coming out of their ears. If they value their possessions but bring great, total and disciplined ball pressure on Castlewood's guard..... forcing them to their left all night long... you are going to see the Blue Devils struggle some because their guards will get tired and their guard play on the bench is weak.
    2. Castlewood has Justice and McRoberts but Norton has their big guys inside as well and to me.... if they play up to their potential each and every night.. they are going to outwork whoever they face inside... even the Castlewood guys. Justice is no doubt a true player with true hops. But if Norton boxes out and crashes the boards like they did against Gate City... there could be an upset in the wind.
    3. Norton has to be able to force their up-tempo game by giving Castlewood ultimate H*** when it comes to ball pressure. If the referees stay true to form, if they let the guys play a lil bit and not let it get out of hand.. my money is on Norton.
    4. Castlewood has everything to lose and Norton has everything to gain. I would rather be the wolf in the hunt that the dog on the porch. A wolf can sense blood in the air and feast heavily on it and go to great lengths to track its prey.... a dog on the porch just tries to protect what he has known all the time in his territory.
    Norton is definitely the wolf in sheep's clothing right now... and you may laugh.. but if they make it to the Regional Semifinal against Castlewood... and Castlewood looks ahead to a possible matchup with Gate City if they wiin their game with Twin Valley providing they make it there.... you never know. You can coach and you can teach all you want to a player... but you can never controls what goes through their mind. If an opponent smells a weakness and you get nervous for the first time... it could be all over. Region D is definitely up for grabs this year.
    UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can agree with ya. I don't really think JIB's guards would give CW too much trouble without taking advantage of JIB overplaying themselves on defense.

Plus, I think Williams is a better in game coach than Wilson. But it could be a very interesting matchup I will agree there.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08