Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: UT Recruiting Problem

[ QUOTE ]
    I just posted on what i was reading. Don't shoot the messenger. Another little article was it wasn't the one's the Vol's had, but they may not be deep enough, in the O line and D line. If they had injuries. I don't know i just posted it for Vol Fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading where? Writing on the bathroom stalls?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In recent years, how many people from withing the high school level in Tennessee has UT actively recruited besides Whitten? Just curious.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Both Jones, Hamilton, Teddy Gaines, not many more D1 athletes to recruit in the area. No matter what the doofus who said before the GC/RL game last fall about there being "D1 talent all over the field", [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] there isn't.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    as ussual you won't have to worry much about many of their players being from anywhere in the state of TN.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the majority of the class is from Tennessee. Hawkins, Donald, Sykes, Anderson, Rogan, Coleman, Maples, Hall, Campbell, Cooper, and Walker. That's 11 out of 32 for a state that's not known to produce alot of D1 talent. Too many people talking out there [censored] on here about stuff they obviously have no clue about.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    I just posted on what i was reading. Don't shoot the messenger. Another little article was it wasn't the one's the Vol's had, but they may not be deep enough, in the O line and D line. If they had injuries. I don't know i just posted it for Vol Fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not shooting the messenger. You're just relaying what you read. What you read though, was bad info. UT has more than 10 OL that are either RSF, Fresh, or Soph. The D line is deep as far as bodies too. They just don't have the experience they usually have.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well centennial, UT has given quite a few instate athletes the oppotunity if they can reach 2* material or better. But, there are much richer football talent bases in other parts of the South, than the state of TN.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Notice my post two posts above yours. It's a bogus claim.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't realize till just now you had Sykes on your list of names. Glad to see him sign with UT rather than FSU. I figured Warren would have him handed to the Noles.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    That's because the state of Tennessee as a whole pretty much sucks at football at the HS level. Other than the area around Maryville, and Alcoa apparently no one in TN produces D1 talent for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Middle Tennessee is very good in football. You have schools like Riverdale,Ravenwood,Hillsboro,Goodpasture,MBA,Bren twood Academy,David Lipscomb,Brentwood,Smyrna won several state titles. In matter of fact Middle Tennessee is the strongest area for high school football in Tennessee. Maryville,Fulton and Alcoa have been strong lately.
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/rebelron/varsity08-600x312.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree, but those are a couple of 5A and then private schools. The middle part of the state (Knoxvegas to Nashville) is much stronger than the eastern, or western parts of the state. NET football is really weak for the most part.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast