Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 - 2007 Region D Boys Basketball Tournament - Quarterfinals predictions

Re: 2006 - 2007 Region D Boys Basketball Tournament - Quarterfinals predictions

The emphasis on football and baseball in the LPD is the reason. Most of the LPD success in basketball comes from the atheletes, not basketball players. Hood is a basketball player, GC has atheletes (Hackney and Anderson are both great atheteles, good basketball players) Burton has pure atheletes. Good basketball players often come out on top. Making shots, being smart and knowning what to do. The LPD tries to use the atheletes to press and play defense, resulting in either the 40 point master piece games we see, Hood scored 38 by himself the other night or you see LPD teams falling behind and unable to catch up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i like your assessment. makes good sense to me. the thing i see at my school is our best athletes don't play basketball until mid-november and don't touch a basketball until the next season rolls around. our kids that are dedicated to basketball primarily simply aren't very good in the first place.
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Basketball, while it is a very athletic sport its also a sport of technique. A player that knows the proper angles, the spacing, how to box out and the proper techniques of defense can compete and beat a player that is more athletic. All these things that I mentioned take a lot of practice and dedication to master. When two kids enter the 9th grade and are trying out for the JV team I would take the kid that has played AAU basketball since the 4th grade and has been dedicated to it up against a great athlete any day. Now you get a great player when you get a kid who is athletic and knows how to play the game of basketball. Thats why I have always thoght that the most difficult sport to play at a high level is basketball. There are so many things you have to do well; shooting, rebounding, handling the ball, passing, setting screens, defense and taking proper angles without the ball. You have to be able to do all these plus have speed, endurance, and be able to think quickly to even have a chance of playing after HIgh School.
    Call it like you see it

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't get a chance to see Adam Hood play this year(thanks Roy) but I have seen him the last couple of years and he is a very good basketball player that can shoot lights out. Sounds like a box and 1 is in order here make someone else beat you.
    Call it like you see it

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is what he has seen most of the time.
    "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

tell me when the tournament starts and where is it at?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

tuesday at castlewood
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tornado, u might wanna try to inspire ure home team as their program needs it. As far as GC goes ,they will show up and are taking RC very seriously! Thanks for the warning, and I'm sure the boys will play their hearts out win or lose...Go Devils, show yourselves how good u can be by playing TEAM ball, hit the open man and play defense, listen to coach and u will play another day. At this stage, that's what all teams are thinking, not all the other BS u are talking about...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12