Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: news on godsey?

during b-ball season godsey's asst coach made a comment towards one of the players, actually he told her she had "a big butt" she told her mother and the mother flew off the deep end. (same asst coach for softball as well) the mother wouldn't let anything go and took it to the school board. so they has a restraining order taken out against the asst coach and godsey still let him come around. the asst coach was at the state game (b-ball) around the girls and jim scott thought that it was a direct insult. so as always scott county school systems screwed the kids over and took the only coach the girls ever had that had the ability to relate and actually coach the girls in a way that they would respond to. i just feel sorry for the daughter of the mother that raised all the fuss over a stupid comment.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

still in shock
    "To be the man, you've got to beat the man."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    and the only reason he's stayed around gc as long as he has was for the girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

No comment necessary LOL
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    No it is not just about sports. It is about letting a good man and a wonderful teacher being fired from the job he ves for reasons that I believe are not bad enough to take this extreme measure. Hugh made some mistakes and he more than anyone would like to do it over, but I guess what I am trying to say the punishment did not fit the crime. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The bottom line is that when the boss says 'Jump!', you say 'How high?'.

It seems Godsey didn't do that and now he's out of a coaching job.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't really know the man or the entire situation, but I have learned that sometimes all the info about a situation like this cannot be given out to the public. So let's be careful what we say.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    and the only reason he's stayed around gc as long as he has was for the girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

No comment necessary LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Who can blame him? If I was about 10 years younger... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is the exact reason Coach Godsey got the axe: He had an assistant coach that apparently said something inappropriate to a girl player. The girl complained and the assistant was let go. From what I understand, Coach Godsey did not keep this assistant from being around the girls. The school board sent the assistant coach a letter about a month ago baring him from any school property, but he was on the road trips and still interacting with the girls. I guess the board felt that Hugh had been told time and time again to not let the former assistant around the girls, but he failed to prevent it. That is what they consider insubordnation. I still do not believe the punishment fits the crime. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So let me clarify what you said....

Ridiculous or not, there was a restraining order. He ignored this. Which, ridiculous or not, sets the school, the school system, the county, Godsey himself and who knows who else up to lawsuits for basically sticking their nose up at a court order......

and.....while I will admit IF that is the whole story, its a bit extreme, and it seems like cooler heads could have prevailed, I kind of think that like retiredteach said, and to paraphrase Paul Harvey "now for the rest of the story"....which very few will probably ever know.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Grow up. Even the supertiendent of schools said that Coach Godsey's character had nothing to do with this. He is like a father to those girls. Go dream your little dreams somewhere else and keep them off the forum.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    Grow up. Even the supertiendent of schools said that Coach Godsey's character had nothing to do with this. He is like a father to those girls. Go dream your little dreams somewhere else and keep them off the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, given Godsey's nonchalant attitude towards SCSB directives, I would say that his character was in question here.