Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: news on godsey?

A father protects his children. It appears that is kind of what he was guilty of not doing. The guy may have been as nice of a guy as there was, but until things were handled through channels, no matter if it was stupid or not, you have to follow the LAW or risk the results. Its stupid driving 55 on 23, but if I go faster than that, and I get a ticket, the judge isn't going to say well that speed limit is ridiulous.

And I like Godsey, I think he's a great coach, but it appears he made a poor decision here. Unfortunately, sometimes you don't get a second chance to correct mistakes.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, if there was a restraining order... I don't know how things are done in Scott County, but there are cops and school officials that go to games in my county. Seems like it could have been prevented. But, and I know I'm treading lightly around the GC folks, I think I would have had more of a "set" and the assistant wouldn't have been around because I said so. Again, not trying to ruffle feathers, but this whole thing seems like it could have been avoided.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really feel for the girl that told what the assistant said. She was not at the meeting and I know she is getting a lot of flack at school. If the only thing he said was she had a big butt, so what? I have a big butt and I know it. It was not like he was hitting on her or anything. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    and the only reason he's stayed around gc as long as he has was for the girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

No comment necessary LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought you were a mod and supposed to be mature about situations....not make unecessary remarks regarding someone that you know nothing about
    "Not everything that is good for you always feels good for you." -Lance Armstrong

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've tried to protect his character on this board. So if anybody doesn't like what I say, they can't say that I have not tried. Unfortunately, it appears that this situation could have been prevented (given information we currently have) but for some reason, be it that the assistant was a friend or whatever, he didn't follow the rules.

How many of us have heard that you're judged by the company you keep? In this case, the company kept, cost an excellent coach his position.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

agreed.

people acting like that is the major problem in situations like this, b/c it only worsens things.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh no, the mod can't comment post...please go away if that bothers you. End of discussion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so since he was fired for letting the step father of a player come to the games it makes it ok for you to make a joke about him and his players?
    "Not everything that is good for you always feels good for you." -Lance Armstrong

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Preach it Bob...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh no, the mod can't comment post...please go away if that bothers you. End of discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont understand...