Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anybody play....

Anybody play....

Are there any posters on here that played on the "91" Coeburn football team? Holler at me or pm me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Anybody play....

Haha the only coeburn team to ever win the District Co-Championship.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BeNjAmIn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Haha the only coeburn team to ever win the District Co-Championship. </div></div>

Well we did win though... we could have beat these teams that play today.... by at least 3 or 4 touchdowns... we migh of had a little trouble with Norton but we could also out run them.. so we would have beat them easy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are you saying your teams were better than the mid-late 90's Appy and PV teams? Or are you just talking about the teams of now....
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you saying your teams were better than the mid-late 90's Appy and PV teams? Or are you just talking about the teams of now....</div></div>

He means the ones of today bro.

He's pretty much right too--both Coeburn lines would have decided contests against today's teams easily. Someone like Norton may be able to pass against what Coeburn used to have, but that's assuming Stewart could run away from the likes of Mike Plaster long enough to make a play...which I kinda doubt myself.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is what I was wondering. I really don't too much about the 91 Coeburn team, I was a little too young. How would that team stack up the Appy and PV teams of the mid-late 90's Cane?
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That Coeburn team was good. They would lose by 2-3 td's to those mid-late 90's PV and Appy teams.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is what I was wondering. I really don't too much about the 91 Coeburn team, I was a little too young. How would that team stack up the Appy and PV teams of the mid-late 90's Cane? </div></div>

We beat everyone that year except Norton...How would we have stacked up against the Appy and PV teams of the mid 90's? I think we could have hung in there with them... we had the number 1 defense and our offense was pretty explosive... we put up over 30 on PV and Appy in 91.. didn't Appy win the State CHAMPIONSHIP IN 91?I cannot remember.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The 1990 Coeburn team was better than the 1991 IMO. A few names I can remember from that team: Hamilton, Greer, Banks, Plaster, Gollie, Collins, Thomas, Hamm...Next to Central Lunenburg, that was the best team we played that year. Against today's teams they would horse whip their opponents. They wouldn't have beaten any of the Appy or PV state teams with the exception of the 89 Dawgs who they did beat.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 1990 Coeburn team was better than the 1991 IMO. A few names I can remember from that team: Hamilton, Greer, Banks, Plaster, Gollie, Collins, Thomas, Hamm...Next to Central Lunenburg, that was the best team we played that year. Against today's teams they would horse whip their opponents. They wouldn't have beaten any of the Appy or PV state teams with the exception of the 89 Dawgs who they did beat. </div></div>

If you were to ask Coach Richards who was the best team he would say the 91 team... and since he was the coach I would take his word for it... the 90 team was pretty good... but we would have killed them!!!I think we would ahve beat some of the Appy and Pv teams but I guess we will never know. Anything can happen when 2 good teams play each other.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast