Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Godsey possible candidate for AAA school...

Re: Godsey possible candidate for AAA school...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: QueenVictoria</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No actually i'm pretty sure it was published in a newspaper...actually a couple of them...but it was Godsey's statement to the press that included all of this information... </div></div>

Oh.. Okay you are probably right about this... I really do not keep up with it... only when it is on TV or something. I wish him luck... remeber this if he is innocent then he will be vindicated... in time. THe same though if he is guilty. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are exactly right! The truth will come out eventually...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe there is more to this story than what has been said so far. Maybe its possible that he was let go for other reasons....... One might be that the girls programs are taking money from the boys programs....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: archer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe there is more to this story than what has been said so far. Maybe its possible that he was let go for other reasons....... One might be that the girls programs are taking money from the boys programs.... </div></div>

Come on now that is a low blow to suggest that the football program is mad.. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In the last couple of years.... Which programs have have had to use the most money out of the budget at Gate City? Im just saying that politics might be involved here. Maybe Godsey was asking for more money for the softball program, new lights, a decent press box, etc.... He might have mentioned title IV and the rest is history...... Before you scoff at this.... Think about it.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

omg...girls sports have always used the guys money...there are only 3 self-reliant sports at GC...football, boys basketball and volleyball...that's how it has always been, the other sports, boys sports included take money from the pot that those 3 sports create...so no, no one got fired for taking any money....jesus christ
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

and youre probably thinking of Title IX
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

who said anything about him taking money? I never mentioned that. I said that it was and is taking funds away from the programs that have been dominate in the past.When was the last time the football team made at a trip up the road. Maybe you should look into title IX before you blow a gasket next time. Its a touchy subject and its not the first time a coach has been let go because the issue had been raised. Maybe he wanted to upgrade the softball field and mentioned title IX. Judging from the actions of that school board and their ignorance, I wouldn't put it past them to can him for him for raising the title IX issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: archer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the last couple of years.... Which programs have have had to use the most money out of the budget at Gate City? Im just saying that politics might be involved here. Maybe Godsey was asking for more money for the softball program, new lights, a decent press box, etc.... He might have mentioned title IV and the rest is history...... Before you scoff at this.... Think about it..... </div></div>

That is a good assumption.. I must agree.. but I do not think it is that... the football coach and the former softball coach have a pretty good relationship... trust me this decision was delivered from the head person.. I grant you that.. because if not they will face some major repurrcutions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vthokie22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">omg...girls sports have always used the guys money...there are only 3 self-reliant sports at GC...football, boys basketball and volleyball...that's how it has always been, the other sports, boys sports included take money from the pot that those 3 sports create...so no, no one got fired for taking any money....jesus christ </div></div>

Let me clear something up here... In most schools the football pragram carries the other sports.. v=because it makes the most money... but think about it it takes more money to operate a football program because the stuff is a lot more expensive. But the football program does not disperse the money. It is given as there is a need. Do I think that the Gate City softball team deserves a better field and lights? Yes I do.. they have an outstanding program... just because it does not draw the crowds that football does does not mean anything. Trust me if the program is good.. it will get what it needs... if it is not it will struggle. It is sad but it is true.