Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Fitness/Workouts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell me more about the PB&J diet!!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>

PB&J and a big glass of milk has been the #1 food on my pregnancy diet, well that and McD's caramel sundaes. My pregnancy weight gain has been really good I'm almost at 6 months and have only gained 10-12 lbs. I drink tons of water and eat more fruit than I ever have in my life. If I could just cut down my salt and fast food I'd be doing even better. I've had NO cravings I have foods I like more than others but no real cravings mostly b/c I try to eat frequently enough that my sugar never drops.

I'm planning on doing the Warrior Diet again once the baby is here towards the end of Sept... it's always worked really well for me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, the date resets when you change batterie** comes out. lol, so i got tired of it
    [url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]

Inactive Member oakland_raiders's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so what kind of supplements do you take if any and what did you do to get you stomach to go from big to abs cause i am having that trouble....i have lost 80 pounds over the last year and 4 months and have really started developing muscle everywhere but my stomach i cant get it to start shaping up any suggestions...i do the standard sit ups...it is really a mental block to not be able to get my stomach to shape up
    2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lose more weight if you want to see your abs, you cant pick spots on your body to lose fat. You need to do different varieties of ab exercises to build up your core muscles. Work your abs hard like you would work any other muscle group. Also I would run sprints at least twice a week. They will rip you up faster than anything. Make sure your taking a good multivitamin for energy, and sticking to a healthy lean diet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the diet is there and the vitamins are there and the protein and supplements.....i have noticed i have not been running like i use to been using the stationary bike more but yeah i was running 3 times a week so i guess i will have to get back into that again....i really wish i could do pushups but they just damage my shoulder so bad....doctor said last time i had an inflamed biceps tendon and he had to give me a shot...i figured i better quit them before i really did some damage...but thanks for the advice
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Interval Training my friend. You can do a billion crunches a day, and still not see "abs". You have to lose weight all over your body. Diets pretty much gave you the straight forward on what to do.
    3x a week you need to do interval training. Distance running takes longer and doesn't work as good as sprints or sprints up hills.
    Do a good 30-50 yard sprint, and jog back to the starting line. Don't stop and start sprinting again. Get about 25 minutes of this, and you'll see great improvements.

If you can get a treadmill... do 45 seconds on level 8, then 90 seconds on level 3..then repeat... do a good solid 15-17 minutes this way.. you'll be fine..

no resting.. don't stop.. and if you can't take it.. then you're going to have to build you cardio up slowly, improvements will come.

What's your diet? If you were a big boy and lost all that weight.. and now you've reached a dry spell.. you need to eat 6 times a day to keep your metabolism up.
    You don't need supplements to help you build muscle, or lose fat. Pills don't make you weak, and pills dont make people fat.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

diets fine i eat 6 times a day and get plenty of proteins and carbs of the right kind...i am developing muscle nicely everywhere and my belly it has shrunk and is almost gone but i have etra skin and i didnt know if i developed abs if that would tighten it up or if i would have to have surgery or something
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i never even drank a protein shake man, haha lean meat, veggies and compound carbs mostly
    [url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I did some interval running today.. and that was the best 20 minute cardio session in my life..

I'm beefing it up some though.. I'm going to walk about a 4 pace, then run around 8/9 for a minute.. then drop and do 25 sit ups.. then walk for at 4 for a minute.. then run at 9, then 25 pushups.. then walk, run, walk, run, walk... end at around 25 minutes..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

5-6 small meals a day.. it's finally starting to come out that this is a myth...

in reality, it doesn't boost your metabolism, no more than 3 satisfactory meals a day will...

in reality, it's just to keep your calories in check, and help you learn to portion out your foods...