Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: No class at all!

No offense but some of you are bringing this on yourselves.

Let us make this quite plain: WE ARE NOT WHINING THAT YOU GUYS BEAT US!

I dislike Phil Robbins myself. I still pull for Powell Valley. That is my alma mater. I went to school with these people even thought I didn't hang out with them all that much. Disliking a coach and pulling for the team he coaches CAN coexist.

PV has classy moments and classless moments. Burton does too.

If you're talking about Burton being classy then how about this. don't get up in ref's faces after losing in game 14. Don't throw things even though the ref was stupid in game 14. One of the worst displays I've heard of. Don't beat a guy nearly to death as a few of your fans did in 2004 after a basketball game against PV even though it was provoked. Don't have the mentality that you are always going to be the best and that you're guaranteed to be in game 14. Don't flatter yourself.

Second of all, go back to kindergarten and learn to spell.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations...all in the past though....What has he done in the past 10 years.....Jimbo has only been head coach for about 10 years.

Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And you all have beaten PV 4 times from 1991-2007.

Thomas and Julius are some of the best football players PV has had but the first four state trophies--3 out of the first four state trophies were under Robbins--the Jones brothers weren't on the team let alone even old enough for varsity.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Show me the RINGS. lol
    Fact is JIB will always be remembered as the team that just couldnt get it done when it really counted.

Inactive Member yankeefanz4life's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I truly appreciate the insite and I was un aware of the fact that someone had acted in that manner. I am just tired of the entire thing to be honest. I have seen Burton kids work so very hard to overcome the almighty Vikings, and to have their win called a "fluke" or to have them accused of cheating is honestly more than I as a parent can stand any longer. I am honestly not a big football fan, however I do enjoy games like last night, to see two teams continue to battle when both were down at one point. I like that type of competition. I am certain that PV works just as hard as the kids from Burton to win each and every game, as I told my son before the game it will come down to who wants it most and believe me most of the Burton kids were very nervous and having fans from PV yelling at my child as they waited to enter the field calling him names is very upsetting to me. Usually I let it roll off however when we were approached by Mr. Robbins, with nothing in our hands no one even looked over that way I was looking for my son, was a bit shocking, I understand why he may have been upset however that is something that should have been taken up with the person who made him angry, not a man with a small child in tow. As for the behavior of me and my family I took pictures of my son and Cedric Mitchell after the game as they know on another and are friends, with both wishing the other well. My point is however that if you wish to protect your players simply get them away from that type of situation as Burton's coach did two years ago in Pound, you get them on the bus and get them out of there, you do not attack fans or kids, verbally or physically for that matter. As I stated before sadly enough fans no matter where they are from, are always going to be rowdy, some rude and others simply clueless, that is something any adult can see and expect, one must simply rise above that and teach your own not to act in that manner, it is when those who are supposed to lead by example engage in this type of behavior that I simply can not over look. Again thank you for the insight, none the less it does not excuse the actions of the Vikings "Leader"
    I also feel that fans from around the LPD would benefit greatly to take a step back and look at their behavior as a whole, Norton Fans do not have the market when it comes to rude behavior, I have had my car keyed at Pound, I have had parents yell to break my son's leg in football, to break his arm, ( Pound fans mostly ), I must commend the fans of Coeburn and St. Paul, they are two teams I can think of right now whose fans are simple and quite, is it because these two teams pose no real threat to the "big dogs" of the LPD? Possibly, just as Burton Fans once were seen the same way. As for the state game last year, fans from both sides had words for the officials on the field, not just the ones from Burton. And I won't even comment on the racial slurs that the kids from Burton endured from Kelly fans...so once again thank you for the insight, but Burton is not the only team with fans that need to get a grip on their actions. Two teams played very very hard one came out on top and the other did not...I find it ironic that no one had an opinion of the Burton Fans when they had little to cheer about as they watched the Vikings celebrate on their field year after year. Why is that?
    "The essence of the Yankees is that they win. From in front or from behind, they win. And that's why the history of the New York Yankees is virtually the history of baseball."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All in the past......we are talking about the present. What team has been the only team from the LPD the past 4 or 5 years to consistently give the LPD a shot at winning state? Not PV! Im not saying PV wasn't good in the past, but thats the past and we are talking about now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cheated for the past few years?

Okay lets go back.

In 2002, Burton had like a 5-5 record into the playoffs. Lost in first round to Appalachia who went on to lose badly to William Campbell 70 to 0.

2003-7-3 going into playoffs. Losing to PV 52 to 12, Clintwood 31 to 22, and Gate City 63 to 18. Region D D1 Champions losing to Region C champ powerhouse Bath County 38 to 6.

2004- 7-3 into the playoffs. Lost to PV 55 to 20, Clintwood 14 to 0, GC 40 to 32 I believe. Went to state for the first time in 1998 (even then you got it handed to ya) and lost to possibly the best single A team in the state 41 to 0.

2005- 9-1 losing only to GC 28 to 6. In game 14 you lose 18 to 0 against William Campbell.

2006- 10-0. Lost 21 to 20 to Riverheads. Bad calls but you don't know that you still would have come back and won. You didn't get cheated out of the game. You just got screwed by a call that you still could have won on.

Cheated? Yeah right.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quit crying about your win. As if PV gets the royal treatment when they come to Norton. I saw a guy in a wheelchair flip his middle finger at teenage boys last year, so please, you dont exactly have angels in the bleachers. And last nite, a whole section of Norton fans were cussing teenage boys and threatening them with bodily harm.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm done with this. This is just becoming a red flag. I'm only 19 but still high school kids still look up to people as young as me for maturity. We are setting a poor example.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would say PV has a good chance to win state this year, if not them, then Lebanon,GC, or Lee will represent..