Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Norton/GC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Djpenguin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The band director is not on crack, hes prolly the person I respect most in the world.</div></div>

Ah it was just a joke.. don't take it offensively, but I still don't understand why they can't line up at the fence and come out on the field AFTER the teams exit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Djpenguin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3. The horns are the [censored] and your jealous haha. </div></div>

No horn is the shiz unless it's used in this manner..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NgU1b21edUs

BWAHHAA.

/off-topic moment
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DID JIMBO HAVE FUN???

<span style="color: #000000"><span style='font-family: Arial Black'>I also enjoyed the constant taunts from over that way, my favorite being a drunken-sounding redneck over near the student section screaming out "YOU HAVIN' FUN, JIMBO?!</span></span>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

haha that was awsome

neway

while were postin random stuff

Oakaton, Keith Payne #1 he is listed (in the VHSL 2005 play-off book) as 6'3 222, graduated plays for UVA now, this team was pure freak

YouTube - Oakton High School Football - Virginia State Champs
    [url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]

Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What in the world you talking about? My beef with GC is how some of the student section presents themselves.

I highly respect Mr. Lake and Fleming and talk to them almost every time I see them and they will talk to me usually too.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

haha those ppl saying that to Coach Adams prolly dont know their a$$ from a hole in the ground....or anything about football, Jimbo is too classy to pay attention to what any of those drunk rednecks were saying in that section lol

Oh btw the funniest part of that night was when I walked by a GC fan and he was on his cell saying, "Now it sounds like you've had more than 2 beers" haha I was rolling

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah the student section isn't the most well behaved, they're proud of their school but they show it in a non-sense way sometimes. I don't see it any different than any other school.

I seperated myself from that a while ago, i have no problem with having a student section, but they can get off-track sometimes, that goes for any school.
    [url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]

Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But yeah I wasn't making a shot at Mr. Lake nor Mr. Fleming if that's what you thought.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Djpenguin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah the student section isn't the most well behaved, they're proud of their school but they show it in a non-sense way sometimes. I don't see it any different than any other school.

I seperated myself from that a while ago, i have no problem with having a student section, but they can get off-track sometimes, that goes for any school.

</div></div>

I agree, they pissed me off some times last night, but cracked me up sometimes

every school has them, we get out of hand sometimes Im sure....Ive prolly gotten son some ppls nerves too...I guess you dont realize it while youre doing it

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GC1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Well, in case you need clarification the blind squirrel was Clintwood who finally beat GC after umpteen years and having to have GC have their worst team in my life to do it.</div></div>

It didn't hurt that they hadn't played in your lifetime until about 99 either did it? For the record both GC and CW were both piss poor, mediocre teams last year. The only 2 "good" teams that have been around here since the 90's were the 02 and 03 GC teams. I still find it confusing that people from GC are on this pathetic "revenge" mission from last year when you were a piss poor team, who got beat by a piss poor team, and probably the only reason it happened was that Parks got hurt in the second quarter. I understand the anger over what Rock said, but some of this [censored] is just f'cking rediculous.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Inactive Member yankeefanz4life's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with what you are saying Syntax and I think Friday night I finally realized why they must sit on the side of visitors. From what I saw and heard I would not want them on my home side as well, put them on the other side and perhaps we can make people think they are not from Gate City. I would not want to associate myself with them either if I were a GC Fan.

Gate City Football is great they are a very powerful team even when they are "weak" they are still a power to be reckoned with, no doubt, but it is the experience of having to play at Gate City. I waited until after half time to visit the concession stand, little one wanted something to eat, I must admit they were busy even then, however when I finally got to the front of the line the "gentleman" standing at the window I assumed to wait on people, just walked away as I was giving my order to him as if what I was telling him was not important. He never said a word to me, had I not spent 10 minutes standing there I would have told them to keep it. I detest giving my money to anyone who acts as if it is a problem to take my money. If you want my money put a smile on your face when you take it from my hands.

It's no wonder the entire Scott County Sheriffs Department MUST attend the games at Gate City, they must do damage control and keep down fights. You put that many drunks in one place and there is bound to be trouble. I have never seen so much camo and mullets gathered in one place in my life. It's like stepping back in time.

Everyone from Gate City was ranting how they have the biggest stadium and better visitor seating than anyone else around, and while that may be true as per square footage goes. However none of those defending the seating seemed to grasp the concept that no one was arguing the amount of seating but the way it is designed. I would much rather have two small sets of wooden bleachers and be forced to stand the entire time three deep than to have to sit next to someone from Gate City cussing the kids from my team. Why should I have to watch Gate City Cheerleaders and listen to them? I can barely stand listening to Burton Cheerleaders, but I know they pep up the players and they do a good job. The Gate City cheerleaders do the same thing, however they need to do it on their side. You can say what you want about your stadium having the best seating, however until you have to deal with your student section, and those who can't "afford" reserved seating, you have no idea what you are missing. I propose that any teams playing Gate City have a "special" section for them among their Home side and let's see how they enjoy the football game. I would love to see some of those from Friday night sitting right in the middle of the home bleachers at the Park in a few weeks.

As far as the horns go I despise noise makers, cow bells, air horns and the like. I make it a point to stay away from those that use them at home games, however Gate City puts new meaning into annoying those that come to visit. I personally have always wanted to make a good impression when teams visit our school. We usually get one shot every other year to let these teams see what we have at our school, and from all I have seen at Gate City every time I have been there it is severely lacking in major areas.

The football team at Gate City is too good to let the actions of those from their school and community bring them down and take away from the wonderful job they do on the field. (Considering how this was do or die for the "boys in blue" one would think they could have been a bit more gracious. Considering the points they received by defeating Burton.)
    "The essence of the Yankees is that they win. From in front or from behind, they win. And that's why the history of the New York Yankees is virtually the history of baseball."