Page 41 of 135 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing/MMA Fights - local, national, world

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Spider/Okami at UFC 88

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His opponent is not a nobody. He's not a huge name in the industry, but he's got some nice wins and skills. </div></div>

When I say "a nobody," I don't mean someone with zero skills or just a slob they pulled from the streets. I just mean that he has little to no name recognition, whereas Kimbo has been seen EVERYWHERE . . on commercials, supposedly starring in some upcoming movies, and, of course, all over TV thanks to EliteXC.

I guess to summarize what I sort of meant by my original statement:
    Someone most people have never heard of just came in and beat a guy who has become majorly popular here recently and has been promoted out the ass.
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

gotcha...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PassMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His opponent is not a nobody. He's not a huge name in the industry, but he's got some nice wins and skills. </div></div>

When I say "a nobody," I don't mean someone with zero skills or just a slob they pulled from the streets. I just mean that he has little to no name recognition, whereas Kimbo has been seen EVERYWHERE . . on commercials, supposedly starring in some upcoming movies, and, of course, all over TV thanks to EliteXC.

I guess to summarize what I sort of meant by my original statement:
    Someone most people have never heard of just came in and beat a guy who has become majorly popular here recently and has been promoted out the ass.</div></div>

You said nothing wrong he was on the verge of obscurity. He got the chance and made a name of himself. Kinda like Kurt Warner before he became the Kurt Warner we know. I would put money he will fall back into normaality.
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

EXC was done on CBS the moment Kimbo was KO'd. Him and Carano was the only reason the got the contract in the first place. They may one more card on CBS, but that will be all.

Overall it was a pretty decent show. Arlovski just set himself up a fight with Fedor with that KO of Nelson.

I want to see Carano fight Cyborg Santos. That would really show how could she is.

Speaking of EXC, they will have Nick Diaz fight Eddie Alvarez in Nov on Showtime for the vacant Elite XC LW belt. That should be a brawl.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If nelson would have had a little more wind I think arlovski would have been in trouble. One fight I didnt get to see was the NINJA fight how did that turn out.
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ninja got knocked out

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh man. Who was it he fought? I was fooling around outside and missed that part.
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

benji Radich

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone catch what Tito said? He is signing with EXC.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone catch what Tito said? He is signing with EXC.</div></div>

Yeah I caught that...to me, Tito's lost his star power. I don't find him entertaining as he used to be as a fighter. Him signing with EXC doesn't make a difference to me...I think the promotion will either have to lean heavily on Affliction to change the face of it's promotion and the non-compete contracts to pull in fighters...but I just have the feeling it will fall apart before that has the chance to be a factor.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]