Page 53 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing/MMA Fights - local, national, world

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: UFC 89 FREE this Saturday

Shady by Dana and the UFC.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm really startin to ask myself, if this is really Dana's doing, or pressure from his Zuffa investors? His business partners really seem to be huge pricks.. and I think Dana is the one that has to carry out their dirty work.
    Whatever happens, happens.. we can't deny the fact that Dana White has made this business what it is today...

but, but, but.... Fitch being released works out perfect.. he was training for a January fight.. Affliction has a January show coming up.. I'm betting they'll get him, and get him fast.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A bitterly angry Dana White said Wednesday the Ultimate Fighting Championship has cut highly regarded welterweight contender Jon Fitch and is not going to do business with any fighters who are part of the American Kickboxing Academy team in San Jose, Calif.

The outspoken UFC president said shortly after landing in Hawaii on Wednesday that he no longer wants to work with AKA fighters or those represented by DeWayne Zinkin and Bob Cook.

White said he excepted AKA welterweight Mike Swick from that group because he said Swick called him and told him he wants to fight for the UFC. But Fitch and heavyweight Christian Wellisch were cut on Wednesday, and heavyweight prospect Cain Velasquez and welterweight Josh Koscheck could be next.

"We're looking for guys who want to work with us and not against us, and frankly I'm just so [expletive] sick of this [expletive] it's not even funny,"? White said from Honolulu, where he flew Wednesday from Toronto to hold a news conference to announce the B.J. Penn-Georges St. Pierre fight for UFC 94 on Jan. 31 in Las Vegas.

"Affliction is still out there trying to build its company. Let [Fitch] go work with them. Let him see what he thinks of those [expletives]. [Expletive] him. These guys aren't partners with us. [Expletive] them. All of them, every last [expletive] one of them."?

Fitch said Wednesday the dispute was over his reluctance to sign a lifetime contract to allow his name and likeness to be used in a video game the UFC is planning with THQ. He said the dispute has nothing to do with money and that he never caused a problem during his time in the UFC.

He said he simply didn't understand the need to sign a lifetime contract, particularly since it would not pay his family in the event of his death.

"Working for free and selling our rights away for lifetime, that's a little different,"? said Fitch, who said he hasn't spoken with White but plans to call him. "We tried to negotiate five- or 10-year deals with them, but it wasn't good enough. It was all or nothing. He wanted our lifetime. He wanted our souls forever."?

Sounds like Dana.
    crack is whack

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Affliction will fold by end of next year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hopefully not, if Zuffa keeps running all the fighters off then Affliction may be a true contender.
    crack is whack

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Affliction will always be in the mix up.. especially that they are partners is Golden Boy Boxing. That pretty much inked them to not fold, beecause they'll always be able to promote the boxing events.

Affliction should be able to sign a nice, hefty roster of fighters.

Poor Dana.. I took up for him, and he's gotta be a deuche.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

and I don't think Affliction will fold, because they aren't trying to put a show out every single month. They are going every 3-5-6 months.. which allows them to put together great cards, and not some of the crappy cards UFC is throwing together

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fitch is now back in the UFC after talking with Lorenzo Fertitta. Looks like Dana's boss had to step in again, the same way he had to do with Tito Ortiz.
    crack is whack

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so who's the bad guys!?!?! ah, the UFC confuses me...
    sometimes Dana looks like Dana.. then Fertitta looks like a good guy/bad guy..
    I think they all play the roles, just to even it out haha

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fitch says he has not talked to Dana since the problem arose. Said Dana acted hot headed and threatening over the contract dispute.
    crack is whack