Page 78 of 135 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing/MMA Fights - local, national, world

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Boxing/MMA Fights - local, national, world

thats the only pick im not sure of, lesnar could knock mir out early if frank doesnt watch his ass, especially the first three minutes.

mir's conditioning is better than brock, so i think if the fight lasts more than one round, it should be frank's to lose.

its a great wrestling v. ju jitsu match

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, it seems like I remember Lesnar looking gassed in the Couture fight fairly early on. I think Couture was doing a good job stopping the takedowns for a bit, so it may have been the energy he spent on those that wore him out, but he didn't look as fresh as he'd looked in some of his previous fights. He did put an absolute beating on Heath Herring for all three rounds, though, and was still doing well even in the last round!
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    i cant wait!!!!

neither can i!!!

first and foremost, imo, they should air the undercard on spike tv, but thats besides the point

this is very good card imo....

mir/lesnar is an interesting fight, we all know lesnar has gotten better, but mir is still very dangerous on the ground but lesnars wrestling has the potential to control the ground game to a certain degree....im stil lnot sold on mirs stand up game, i know he looked real good against big nog but nog had an injury going into the fight

my pick: Mir by submission in the 2nd

gsp/alves is another HUGE fight....i believe gsp wants to get this fight straight to the ground just like the 2nd serra fight....imo gsp has not fought a stiker as good as alves...dude has wicked ko power and imo gsp's chin is suspect....my concerin is alves ability to make weight and his cardio...if gsp isnt careful he could get ktfo early, however if this goes past 3 rounds it will be interesting to see if gsps superior wrestling along with alves cardio will come into factor

my pick: as much as i hate to say this cause i have a man crush on gsp, but im taking alves by ko in the 3rd

henderson/bisping....apparently winner gets the spider....bisping used to fight at lhw and his lone loss was to former lhw champ rashad...bisping has improved tremendously, his fighting style allows him to score bunches of points, imo he may have better standup than hendo....hendo needs this fight to go to the ground, hendo is a very good wrestler and i dont think bispings bjj is up to par with hendos wrestling, this fight could go either way

my pick: im takin' Henderson by decision

fitch/thiago.....this honestly could be fotn...thiago is no joke, he ko'd koscheck in his last fight and is undefeated and we all know that fitch is a warrior who is looking to get back into the ww title scene since getting dominated by gsp back at ufc 87 (interesting tidbit, fitch beat alves back at ultimate fight night 5)....a win and both are in title contention...this could be a war for 3 rounds

my pick: fitch by ud

akiyama/belcher....belcher is a decent test for akiyamas ufc and american debut, coming off a win over denis kang at ufc 93...akiyama is a huge star in japan and a very good fighter imo and i believe he may a little too much for belcher, with that being said everyone is counting belcher so look for him to want to get off to a good start

my pick: akiyama by sub

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

also spike is airing ufc's top 100 fights up until ufc 100 on sat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah ive been watching the countdown, its a pretty interesting show.

the alves/gsp fight may be the fight of the year, i think people are underestimating alves. he has such power for a WW, he can knock out GSP with one hit if rush doesnt cover up. i dont think his BJJ is as good as gsp's wrestling, so if it gets on the ground, which i predict gsp tries to do very early, it could be over quick, but if alves can stay out from under gsp, he can win this fight, he is that talented.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wrestling and BJJ both go to GSP it's not even close on these two. I don't really see Alves doing much unless he catches St. Pierre on a shot. I will predict a ground n pound win for George.
    crack is whack

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

apparently Crocup is back in the UFC again, rumor has it that they offred him more money and he accepted it

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Until he can do something other than left high kick I could care less about him ever fighting again.
    crack is whack

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

weigh-in's at 7pm tonight

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

they need to let al-turk have another shot at him, the eye poke was bullshiit.