Page 79 of 135 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing/MMA Fights - local, national, world

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Boxing/MMA Fights - local, national, world

Sorry if this is off-topic, but I have a question. Is there a minimum age limit for the tough man competitions you see around here locally? I have a 16 year old who is sort of interested in trying his hand at one. Thanks!
    cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i'd be surprised if its less that 18 years old

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshoes View Post
    Sorry if this is off-topic, but I have a question. Is there a minimum age limit for the tough man competitions you see around here locally? I have a 16 year old who is sort of interested in trying his hand at one. Thanks!
    First, do you mean "toughman" which is 3 rounds of 1 minute each with basically amateur boxing rules?

Or are you talking about the local MMA shows that I'm afraid sometimes look like a toughman competition?

Either way, I'm pretty sure there is a minimum age of 18.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He wanted to try his hand at the toughman first, and then maybe look into the MMA stuff if he liked that well enough. I figured though that there was an age limit of 18, but I told him I would check with some of you guys on here. Thanks for the info!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshoes View Post
    He wanted to try his hand at the toughman first, and then maybe look into the MMA stuff if he liked that well enough. I figured though that there was an age limit of 18, but I told him I would check with some of you guys on here. Thanks for the info!
    Here's a suggestion. Contact Barry Audia down at Pennington. He is a former successful pro fighter who now coaches amateur boxing. I think they still train in the old payless building in Pennington. He can train boxing there and get amateur fights through Barry. He will learn more, can fight before he turns 18 and will be in a safer environment.

While there he will also have contact with several of team Ironlock's MMA fighters who train their boxing at Barry's. Ironlock is coached by pro MMA fighter Jason Coomer and is in my opinion the areas premier mma team (of course being Ironlocks former coach I am a bit prejudice).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If he proves to be serious enough in his interest, we may look into all that. Thanks for the wealth of info once again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

17 if the parent is at cage side..of course a waiver must be signed too. I have seen two or three young'ns fight.

If anyone cares, local pro fighter Anthony Trotter fought Alan Belcher a couple years ago. Anthony lost by TKO. Belcher kicked him in the head (Anthony is a good 6'2-6'3) so hard that when he got back home, his head was shaped like a watermelon.

Anthony also fought Solomon Hutcherson from the ultimate fighter show. Again he lost by TKO from a brutal slam followed by gnp. Anthony is a tough mofo too.

The next shows that are local will be GFC Aug 1st at the Expo. Then on the 14th Arena has a show in Tazwell. Tanner Mccowan vs Justin Gent should be a great rematch.

Gotch, FAST is back in business, we had a brain fart and now it's gone....see you at the next show.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dubltop View Post
    17 if the parent is at cage side..of course a waiver must be signed too. I have seen two or three young'ns fight.

If anyone cares, local pro fighter Anthony Trotter fought Alan Belcher a couple years ago. Anthony lost by TKO. Belcher kicked him in the head (Anthony is a good 6'2-6'3) so hard that when he got back home, his head was shaped like a watermelon.

Anthony also fought Solomon Hutcherson from the ultimate fighter show. Again he lost by TKO from a brutal slam followed by gnp. Anthony is a tough mofo too.

The next shows that are local will be GFC Aug 1st at the Expo. Then on the 14th Arena has a show in Tazwell. Tanner Mccowan vs Justin Gent should be a great rematch.

Gotch, FAST is back in business, we had a brain fart and now it's gone....see you at the next show.
    Man, I'm glad to hear that about FAST.

I'm personally banning myself from all Kentucky shows. I'm not at all happy with the same bunch of nuts who over-see pro wrestling having control of mma in the state. Won't be going to any more Kentucky shows.

Of course I'll be in Tazewell, assume I'll be judging.

Anybody ever eat at Cuz's just outside of Tazewell?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Akiyama picked up the split decision.

Bisbing KO'd In the 2
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

tonight was a GREAT card. Really enjoyed seeing Lesnar, St. Pierre, and Hendo win.