Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Spider/Okami at UFC 88

Hey Burton you got a breakdown of the fight link? I like Griffin and Jackson both. Griffin hasn't ever disappointed me in a fight. I was trying to keep up with it on Yahoo sports. They suck
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chuck doesn't deserve a title shot yet. He was brought down off his high chair by Rampage and Jardine. Chuck needs to win 2 more fights, and then he's the #1 contender.
    Right now, I think the #1 guy is Lyota Machida. He's undefeated, and is a very well rounded fighter. I mean the guy adapted his own style of Karate for mma.
    IF, and that's a big IF, Chuck beats Rashad... and Wanderlai wins his next fight.. those 2 could fight for a #2 spot behind Machida.

But props to Forrest..he's the champion.. well deserved.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's a play-by-play:
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=13559

Scroll to the bottom.
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought the fight was a draw. Rampage should get the next title shot, but he wont. If Liddell beats Rashard then expect him to fight Forrest next. We then could see Rampage/Wanderlei III with the winner getting a title shot. Its going to be interesting to see how they put Machida into the mix.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Liddell beats Rashard then expect him to fight Forrest next.</div></div>

For some reason I have a feeling the Liddell/Evans fight is going to be a bit of a sleeper. I've never really liked Rashad Evans because I always feel that his fights have a certain lack of excitement, with the exception of his sweet kick KO against Sean Salmon.
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you score the 2nd 10-8, which I think all 3 judges did (I would have too) and the 5th for Griffin then the best Jackson could do was a draw. score any other round for Griffin or any of them a draw and Griffin wins.

I didn't score it as it happened, if you do you often surprise yourself with your own decision.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didnt count the 2nd round as 10-8.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought the fight was a draw. Rampage should get the next title shot, but he wont. If Liddell beats Rashard then expect him to fight Forrest next. We then could see Rampage/Wanderlei III with the winner getting a title shot. Its going to be interesting to see how they put Machida into the mix. </div></div>

I've only seen it once, but I thought it was a draw as well. I think they should rematch in the future, there was no clear winner. The only round you could clearly score one way or the other was Round 2. Maybe I need to watch it again, though like I said I saw no clear winner. I sort of think the reason Griffin gets the win is because it was sort of a "non" performance from Jackson. They both had their moments though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Forrest/Rampage rematch

Bloody Elbow has learned that the UFC is considering an immediate rematch between Quinton Jackson and Forrest Griffin after the razor close decision on Saturday night. A major factor in determining whether there is such a rematch is Jackson's knee. If it is injured and he needs time off, then they'll go another direction, but a source from the Jackson camp says his leg was hurt in the fight, but sustained no damage that should keep him out for an extended period of time. Needless to say, that's not a certified medical opinion or anything, so the status of Jackson's knee remains a question mark.

The UFC rarely does automatic rematches, let alone in title situations. The controversy over the decision makes marketing a second fight easy though, and few would complain about a rematch of such a great fight. Following the controversial decision in the Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill fight, the UFC tried to book an immediate rematch in November, but an injury to Matt Hamill put those plans on ice.

The downside of doing such a rematch is that if Jackson wins, they lose the potential Forrest-Liddell title fight for the time being. However, Quinton-Chuck 3 isn't exactly a marketing disaster either, and there's no guarantee Chuck will win his next fight, even if he is a major favorite.