0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Forrest/Rampage rematch

The criteria in the offical scoring guidelines state simply:

"3.The fighter who dominates a round is given a score of 10-8"

Anyway you look at it Griffin did dominate round 2. The criteria is plain. It was a 10-8 round.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know the scoring guidelines. Yeah I believe he won the 2nd round, but he didnt dominate, IMO. By the looks of it at the end, it was Forrest who looked like he was dominated. Either way, a rematch is needed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Griffin landed a very effective leg-kick, and a knee to the face, followed by scoring a takedown (I believe) then maintained complete ground control throughout round 2 while landing some punches and attempting a couple of submissions.

Jackson nearly went down from the leg-kick, failed to land any shots, got taken down, controled, and mounted. He did not make any effective attempts at escaping the mount.

That's a dominate round. that's a 10-8.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Spider/Okami at UFC 88

Then round 1 was a 10-8 round for Rampage. He dominated that round.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, Griffin actually landed more decent leg-kicks in round one than any other round. He also landed several decent punches, defended himself effectively with his guard after the knockdown and escaped bottom position to come back to his feet.

He lost round one for sure, but he was not dominated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im glad you're finally in this thread gotch. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] We'll have to agree to disagree.

That being said, who do you think Forrest fights next, if not Rampage. I strongly believe if Liddell beats Rashard, it will be him. The UFC wants Liddell to have the belt again, the can market him and Forrest. A fight between these two will be huge.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not too good at predicting what dana and company have in mind? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I do believe that Rashad's style would make for a tough match-up for Griffin.

I also believe that Jackson would be more aggressive next time. Plus, I'm sure he'll work on checking leg-kicks.

And, Liddel, if he has much left, is also a tough match-up for Griffin.

He keeps surprising me though. He is getting a lot better, very fast. I try not to make predictions. I'm not very good at it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sherdog.com spoke with various fighters and coaches to get their opinions on the UFC 86 main event, which has accidentally become a perfect catalyst for what could be the most viewed rematch in UFC history.

Chuck Liddell : I thought Forrest won, but I was sitting next to Jay Glazer and he thought Rampage won. It was very close.

Mike Whitehead : I was sitting front row. It was clearly three rounds to two in favor of Forrest.

Mac Danzig : I might be a little biased because Forrest is a good friend and training partner, but in my opinion Forrest won the fight hands down, threw rounds to two. He outworked him from beginning to end, and even though not everything he threw landed, at least he fought the whole time instead of just looking for one big shot. You know, Forrest trained hard for this fight and it showed. He was training in the gym everyday, not running around with a chain around his neck, telling people he's a thug.

Frank Shamrock : Sorry, I don't watch the UFC.

Eddy Millis : I was there, 10th row. Rampage won 48-46.

David Loiseau : Rampage won. Forrest lost the first, third and fourth rounds.

Dewey Cooper : The fight was close. The first and fourth rounds were the only rounds that really could be argued for either fighter. The first I gave to Rampage. The second was all Forrest, and I scored it 10-8. Forrest did a terrible job in the third and let Quinton back into the fight. I gave the third to Quinton. The fourth was so close I scored it 10-10. In the fifth Forrest out-hustled Rampage, and my final score was 48-47 for Forrest.

Gray Maynard : I think Forrest won. Quinton won two rounds, Forrest won three. Forrest dictated the whole fight except for a couple quick explosions from Quinton. It was a great fight and close, but Forrest kept his game plan and was more active for three rounds.

Duke Roufus: I've been here at MFS training Ben Rothwell . Pat Miletich, [K-1] Pat Barry, Ben Rothwell and myself all watched the fight and we all thought Forrest won.

Phil Baroni : I don't know how two judges gave Forrest that first round, man. That's some bulls---. I thought Rampage clearly won the fight. That first round could have been 10-8 for Rampage!

Cung Le : Rampage won the first round with the knockdown, lost the second round bad. He won the third, but in the fourth he did not do enough to win and lost the fifth. I wanted Rampage to win, but you gotta take it from the champ. But the way I score, Rampage lost.

Cub Swanson : I thought Rampage won. I had Rampage winning rounds one, three and four. Forrest won the second easily and the fifth. I'd love to see it happen again.

Gabe Ruediger : I watched the fight and thought Forrest won. He was more active and did a great job of sticking to his game plan. I felt it wasn't decisive, but that only comes if you don't allow it to go to the judges. I thought Forrest won but wouldn't have been surprised if [the judges] had Rampage winning instead.

Cole Miller : Forrest won three rounds to two.

Josh Thomson : It was close, but I thought Rampage won three rounds to two.

Alan Belcher : When the fight was over, my initial reaction was that Forrest won but they are going to give it to Rampage. My score was first round Rampage 10-9, second round Forrest 10-8, and rounds three [through] five all for Forrest 10-9.

Erik Paulson : I thought Forrest won. I watched it with Josh Barnett and all my fighters, and we all sat and talked about it. We all thought Forrest won. We were all rooting for Rampage because Josh helps to train him, but it was a close fight. It was a great fight, actually. He landed some good shots, but I think the length of Forrest really threw him off. It was weird because it looked like Rampage was lacking some zest for that fight. But yeah, we all thought Forrest had won.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BTW, a word of warning.

Be careful about spyware at sherdog. I've never had a problem, but there is a long and fairly well known history of spyware problems there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MMA Live on ESPN

Alot of people dont know this, but there is an MMA show on espn.com.

<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3482333"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3482333" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>