Page 92 of 135 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing/MMA Fights - local, national, world

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Boxing/MMA Fights - local, national, world

After waiting more than four years to make his return to the Ultimate Fighting Championship, veteran fighter Frank Trigg will probably be dropped from the organization once again. And if that's the case, he's likely to retire from the sport.

Trigg, a former top UFC welterweight contender, suffered a first-round TKO loss to Josh Koscheck on the main card of this past weekend's UFC 103 event in Dallas.

Following the Sept. 19 event, UFC president Dana White told MMAjunkie.com that Trigg probably won't get another fight in the organization. If that's the case, Trigg today said, his career is likely over.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He was a decent commentator for PRIDE, maybe he can get a job like that

The old guard is changing, Hughes, Liddell, Couture, etc... are all over the hill

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Ortiz will find out he is over the hill to.
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sign In to RAMPAGE JACKSON - RAMPAGE JACKSON

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage Jackson View Post
    The UFC has done a lot for me but I think I have done more for them. The UFC bought WFA to get my contract & they saved my life, so I felt loyal to them. They pushed me into a fight with Chuck Liddel even when I clearly stated I wasn't ready to fight for the belt because the American fans didn't know me but I took the fight and didn't complain & after I won the American fans booed me for the first time which changed the way I saw them & it hurt me deeply.

Then before I can even get out of the cage they announced that I was fighting Dan Henderson without even asking me. After I beat Dan Henderson, I made history in becoming the first undisputed champion in MMA but was never even given the pride belt in the cage & I was never promoted as the undisputed champ. Later Anderson Silva was.

Then they had me coach TUF season 7 and fight Forrest and the fight was very controversial & normally when a fight is that close & controversial there is normally an instant replay. I can name a couple of instances. Instead they offered me the Vanderlei Silva fight which I gladly accepted even though I know it was a very risky fight for me to take because of all the drama that was happening to me at the time. I fought that fight with a jaw injury and then a couple weeks later Dana called me and asked me to fight Rashad. For the first time I said no, I didn't want to fight because it was such short notice & I wouldn't have had a long break between camp. Dana talked me into fighting Rashad anyway but Rashad refused the fight and so I had to fight Jardine as a favor to the UFC instead of getting my belt back (which wasn't even worth it to me financially).

Then I reinjured my jaw in the fight with Vanderlei & Jardine. Frank Mir gets hurt so they wanted to switch my fight from UFC 100 to the fight Frank couldn't make it to but I couldn't fight cause I needed jaw surgury. So they give Machida the fight against Rashad & they told me they want me to coach TUF season 10 against Rashad. That's why I wanted Rashad to win so bad but when Rashad got knocked out I told them I wanted to fight Machida for the belt but Dana told me if I coach TUF against Rashad that I could fight Machida afterwards cause this was a different type of ultimate fighter show they were doing. After I signed the contract Dana then changes his mind & says I have to fight Rashad & even told me what to say in the press & so my fans think I was scared to fight Machida. After all that I still never complained & I did it all.

Then this movie role came about that I have been trying to get for over a year & as soon as I found out I was close to getting it, I called Dana right away & asked to push the Memphis fight back just a month or so. I told him what this movie role meant to me. I told him that I used to bond with my father watching the tv show as a kid when my parents where still married & it represents the memories I had with my father when we lived together. My dad became an alcohalic & addicted to drugs & we grew apart. But after my dad got his life back together, I was so proud of my dad & I told him I would always take care of him in the future & make him proud of me. My dad & I are still very big fans of the show & I am basically doing this for the childhood memories I had spending time in front of the tv with my dad. Dana went on the internet & mocked me because of that & I still did nothing. Dana & I finally talked & we made up & then after that he went back on the internet & said some bull**** & he was talking bad about the movie when information is not even supposed to be released & talking about payments which is not even true could really hurt my future acting career, which could very well last longer than my fighting career. I'm not like Randy Couture. My body has been getting so many different injuries that I wont be able to fight until my forties & neither do I want to fight that long. So I feel like my second career could be in jeopardy.. so I'm done fighting. I've been getting negative reviews from the dumb ass fans that don't pay my bills or put my kids though college. So I'm hanging it up. I'm gonna miss all my loyal fans but hopefully they'll follow me to my new career & I will gain more loyal fans along the way. & all you hater fans out there can kiss my big black hairy ass! & anybody that don't like what I just said can come try to kick my ass!

I still feel the UFC is a great organization and I felt like I was very loyal to them but they didn't respect my loyalty but I wish the UFC the best. I did a lot of things for them. I wish no bad blood between us but I have kids & a family back in Memphis to provide for & thats all that matters to me!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just made a thread with that in it.

Let's discuss it in there, I want a good thread for a change.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2cem3k7

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Returning to the UFC for the first time since a solid 3-1 run in the organization, Paul Buentello (27-10 MMA, 3-1 UFC) is expected to meet fast-rising heavyweight prospect Todd Duffee (5-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) in December at UFC 107.

A source close to the negotiations told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) verbal agreements are in place and that bout agreements are in the process of being finalized.

UFC 107, headlined by UFC lightweight champion B.J. Penn vs. Diego Sanchez, takes place Dec. 12 at the FedExForum in Memphis, Tenn., and airs on pay-per-view.

Buentello, whose Aug. 1 fight with Gilbert Yvel was scratched with the promotional demise of Affliction Entertainment, returns to the UFC for the first time since his TKO victory over the late Gilbert Aldana at UFC 57 in 2006. Buentello suffered a loss to then-champ Andrei Arlovski in his previous bout and then left the organization after rebounding for the win over Aldana.

Buentello has strung together a solid run since that loss to Arlovski; he's 6-1 (with five stoppages) with the lone loss coming to Alistair Overeem in a November 2007 fight for Strikeforce's first-ever heavyweight title. Buentello most recently defeated Kirill "Baby Fedor" Sidelnikov at "Affliction: Day of Reckoning" in January.

Duffee, meanwhile, looks to build off his record-setting performance at UFC 102. There, making his UFC debut, Duffee quickly stopped Tim Hague with punches to score the quickest knockout in UFC history. The seven-second knockout was the American Top Team fighter's fifth KO or TKO win in five career fights. Only one has gone past the first round. rumored 107 card

B.J. Penn vs. Diego Sanchez (LW Title Fight)
    Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida
    Cheick Kongo vs. Frank Mir
    Thiago Alves vs. Paulo Thiago
    Paul Buentello vs. Todd Duffee
    Alan Belcher vs. Wilson Gouveia
    Kevin Burns vs. T.J. Grant

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

107 is gonna be a fukkin AWESOME card.

Tons of great fighters and good fights.

BJ will roll Sanchez tho.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Roger Huerta is not quitting! That is awesome, I love watching him fight.

Huerta Not Calling It Quits

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...lfort-ufc.html

Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White told The Times his organization has struck verbal deals for Anderson Silva to defend his middleweight championship against Vitor Belfort on Jan. 2 in Las Vegas.