Page 96 of 135 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing/MMA Fights - local, national, world

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Boxing/MMA Fights - local, national, world

Did he say they had to be power punches? Roy that is?

OK what part of he may have called it do you not get? Jesus why cant you just say Ok I agree Roy may have called it. You agreed without saying you agreed. They dont stop a fight becaue you cant get some off of you. Unless I guess you have suffocated.
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what are you rambling about?

kimbo couldnt get out from under him, couldnt defend himself, so they stopped the fight. they dont stop fights because you are getting hit, they stop them when you cant defend yourself.

i even agreed with you and you get all riled up. Roy was talkin about throwing tons of punches, not ness. with power behind them, to make the ref stop the fight. you were right, he said that. jeez louise you need to chill

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    what are you rambling about?

kimbo couldnt get out from under him, couldnt defend himself, so they stopped the fight. they dont stop fights because you are getting hit, they stop them when you cant defend yourself.

i even agreed with you and you get all riled up. Roy was talkin about throwing tons of punches, not ness. with power behind them, to make the ref stop the fight. you were right, he said that. jeez louise you need to chill
    No getting someone off of you don't equal not defending your self. Pleas re post where you agreed with me?
    I bet you have Tapout shirts one size to small.
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool Biggin. Hugs. That fight sucked
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    He called his shot? I never heard Nelson say once he was gonna crucifix Kimbo and TKO him.

Nelson has looked better, he didn't look good at all tonight, he is usually more active on the ground.

Kimbo was doing decent, he landed that good shot on roy and looked like he got him good, but couldnt follow up.
    Marcus hasn't been impressive so far, but Ive seen one of his fights, he is a monster. He can fly, and hits like a truck. But he doesn't seem to be mentally focused or very tough.

I believe he did talk with his teammates about placing Kimbo in a crucifix and instructed them to count each punch out loud in order to force the refs hand in stopping it. To make the ref basically look bad if he didn't stop it. Then that is exactly what happened.

Kimbo's standup looked pretty good and there is no doubt he has power, but his ground game appeared to still be pretty much nonexistent.

On a side note I've never heard that position called a crucifix before. A true crucifix in grappling is a neck-crank submission.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Gotch. I dont think it was biggin disagreeing with you. It was more me and Biggin disagreed in another thread. I think biggin said in no certain words lets get over it. So yeh I don't dislike biggin I think me and him would probly argue our points to the point of absurdity.

Give me a big hug Biggin
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe this fight looked more like a sparing session. Roy didnt look impresive to most folks. Roy was not ever was threatened. I think if Roy wanted to hand Kimbo his ass He could have. I think the show was fluff.
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MMA FanHouse

"Bobby Lashley, the former WWE champion turned MMA fighter, is currently in talks with Strikeforce to compete for the San Jose-based organization"

"The MMA rookie hasn't fought since his June 27 victory over Bob Sapp on the Prize Fight Promotions "Ultimate Chaos" pay-per-view, and still has two fights left on his contract with that organization. However, talks have heated up over the last few weeks with Strikeforce about Lashley making his debut on the Nov. 7 CBS show, headlined by Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers. As of Thursday morning, though, no deal has been signed."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news...off-at-me.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dana White
    Rampage is not retired. He's just ****ed off at me because I said some stuff about the movie he's doing. He's saying: 'I didn't want to be a coach on the Ultimate Fighter. Dana White talked me into doing it.' He's right, I did. I talked him into doing it and he made an obligation as a man to do what he's supposed to do. You coach the show and then you fight. If you coach the show and fight, you can do 17 movies in a row if you want to. I don't care. But he hurt us . . . You know what my job is? I'm the kindergarten teacher. I'm the kindergarten teacher and I have to handle all these kindergartners. But I don't want to keep fighting with him. The reality is I like Rampage. I've done a lot for Rampage. There are a lot of people in the sport that I could care less about. But I really do care about this guy. We'll figure it out. He's mad. I'm mad. We'll get over it." -Dana White

UFC President Dana White today addressed the current standing of his feud with UFC star turned Hollywood actor, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. Jackson announced he was retiring from mixed martial arts last week in the wake of comments White made about his decision to play B.A. Baracus in the upcoming movie adaptation of "The A-Team".

Jackson's Hollywood debut ultimately cost the UFC their highly anticipated coach vs. coach matchup, and denied Memphis fans the opportunity to see their hometown hero live and in person.

No legal ramifications will result from the ordeal as signed contracts for Jackson to fight in Memphis were not in place.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

quote from big country

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Nelson
    I could have stayed in mount and finished him there with elbows and punches, but my game plan was to get to the crucifix, and once I got to the crucifix, finish the fight there. First round was 44 punches to the face, and then (referee) Herb Dean doesn?t know how to ref, but we?ve seen that before. And then the next round was 22 punches. You could even see me yelling at Herb Dean, ?Come on, ref.? But the thing is, there?s a lot of people; there?s a lot of money. Kimbo?s the only one that I know that had an entourage there; he actually had his family there, his management, while the rest of us kind of had to suffer. The UFC made, we?ll say, different concessions for Kimbo. I think he had a media room. Kimbo?s definitely, I guess we?ll say, special. I don?t see the specialness fighting-wise, but more for TV-wise. He puts butts in the seats. So I think it was more that Herb Dean was afraid to lose his job, because there?s a lot of people with a lot of money that can have a lot of influence with his career.?