Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Tribe-dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by curveball08 View Post
    Why would you brag that Kelly broke through Appy's blockade like a bunch of **** thugs? Appy was trying to intimidate but why demonstrate that you can be an even bigger bunch of dumbasses and break through instead of just saying good luck guys lets have a good game and then procede to beat the daylights out of them on the field. Just turn around and go to your sideline and then show what LPD sportsmanship is about. I must say that I laughed when I read this. I would rather show class on the field regardless of how the other team acts. Breaking through a line of players acting like thugs is not my idea of team pride, maybe I am wrong on this and lets be honest some of the Appy teams from years past would have thrown Kelly into the parking lot had this sort of thing happened. You will never see a Clintwood team act like that, and if you do then there definately wont be someone on hear bragging about it.

Say what you all want,but sometimes you give what you get in the heat of the moment. Big-time difference between typing on a keyboard saying what you think you'd do,and having the situation hit you.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    Say what you all want,but sometimes you give what you get in the heat of the moment. Big-time difference between typing on a keyboard saying what you think you'd do,and having the situation hit you.
    Im talking more about the fact that you would brag about it rather than it actually happened. And I played and know what its like to be in that heat of the moment but I would be totally embarassed if we had acted like that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh the "tribe" (btw I thought they were the indians?) accidentally broke through Appy's spirit line. Well, if that's the case then accidents happen in the "heat of the moment". But what do I know, I am just typing on the keyboard.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by curveball08 View Post
    Im talking more about the fact that you would brag about it rather than it actually happened. And I played and know what its like to be in that heat of the moment but I would be totally embarassed if we had acted like that.

Wasn't a brag. It was a fact. The kids from Appy set the blockade and the kids from JJK busted through it. Simple as that really. Tell you what though: Instead of going round about it,i'll say that clearly the better team won the ballgame (which is what matters). It could have been handled differently,but it wasn't. I'll bet the Dawgs will think twice before doing that again though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
    Oh the "tribe" (btw I thought they were the indians?) accidentally broke through Appy's spirit line. Well, if that's the case then accidents happen in the "heat of the moment". But what do I know, I am just typing on the keyboard.

The Indians have been called the TRIBE for awhile now. Educate yourself please (peep the jerseys)

Inactive Member imported_Sportsfan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, I don't think you understand. The Appy players come walking down in the middle of Kelly's parents and fans who had formed a spirit line. Kelly's players were behind the cheerleader's sign getting ready to run out. When they broke through they ran right into the Appy players. Thought for sure a fight was going to break out or someone would get hurt. What was really scary was that there were quite a few kids in that line. It was totally classless, and they didn't improve all through the night. I think our boys proved a point. Acting stupid doesn't win the game.
    Some people's reality is a fantasy because they don't know the difference between truth and lies

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Educate yourself in BRAGonomics. This is a brag:
    "The game started out like the old Miami-FSU pregame scuffles. The TRIBE waited until Appy took the field,and then proceeded to make their way through the Appy goalposts (evidently this is blasphemy in Appy) where the Dawg players set up a blockade to block the Kelly players from entering that way. Back in the day this intimidation ploy would have worked vs JJK,but this is a different team,a team who was still fumng from a tough loss last Friday,and the TRIBE proceeded to bust the blockade,and spent the rest of the evening punishing the Dawgs."

Secondly, I PEEPED the jerseys. Too bad your Indians copied this off of Dobyns Bennett who have done this for years. But, you prolly already knew that too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    The reffing crew let alot of unsportsmanlike calls go. The situation was allowed to escalate because blue failed to control the game. Thankfully it didn't get worse than it did.

Blame it on the white hat. I know for a fact that some of the other members of the crew wanted more ejections and penalties than what was handed down. A few of the Appy players and the head coach should all have been ejected for instigating the whole thing. This lies solely at the feet of the head coach.
    Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sportsfan I'm so glad you posted that...seems there's a little confusion on here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ut1 View Post
    Blame it on the white hat. I know for a fact that some of the other members of the crew wanted more ejections and penalties than what was handed down. A few of the Appy players and the head coach should all have been ejected for instigating the whole thing. This lies soley at the feet of the head coach.
    Could have been 4-5 ejected no doubt.