Quote Originally Posted by GC-1 View Post
OK VT vs the Huskers TT was 12-27 192 yds and a TD with 0 ints. 9 rushes for -22
Colt vs the Huskers was 20-36 184 yds 0 TD and 3 int. 17 rushes for -20

Sooo which game was a suckfest? At least Talylor contributed to the win with a TD pass, Colt threw 0 with 3 picks. Neither burned it up against a good Husker D. Both came away with 1 point wins. Heck Colt tried to throw a ball OOB's and almost lost the game. At least VT could get a WR open to catch a pass! I'm not saying TT is a world beater but when you compare him with the Mighty Colt it looks as though both were fairly even against the same D.

Like I said, he operates very well in the role BEAMER wants him to have. Run heavy with the stable of backs VT has, throw enough to keep the D honest, plain and simple. Jerry Claiborne lives!!
That's kind of the point. That was one of McCoy's worst games of his career. He has far more games that he's almost single handed won for Texas. If I were a Nebraska player and I had to pick between who I wanted to have to defend one final drive against, would it be one of the best passers in the history of the NCAA and the winningest qb in D1 history, or a guy who can on his best day hit about 50% of his passes and 1 time in his career went over 300 yds passing?

I agree with you on what VT does, I wouldn't throw the ball 30 times a game either, but when he's asked to throw the ball only 9 times in a game, is it too much to ask that 5 be completed? What happens if they play a team (like Bama) that can stop their run game? It won't happen in the ACC, but if they make it to a decent bowl, against a decent run defense, what then?